Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   3/6 facing flop donk on dry board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324330)

Surf 02-05-2007 04:39 PM

3/6 facing flop donk on dry board

3/6 6h, game is a bit passive preflop, but aggressive postflop, players full potting TP on bad boards, etc...generally poor hand reading / relative hand strength observation. No reads on villain here, he's only been at the table an orbit or so.

$600 eff stacks.

Fishy limper in MP, i raise to $27 w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], villain calls in BB, limper folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($63)

BB donks $63, I call(?)

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($189)

BB bets $75, I call(?)

What's my plan for the river? if he bets $85 or so? if he pushes?(i can't call obv, but what do we think his hand range is and what's our minimum calling hand?)

Surf

Overfloater 02-05-2007 04:45 PM

Re: 3/6 facing flop donk on dry board

expect him to give up on the river or bet a silly small amount that looks like a blocking bet

him being "afraid" of the ace is a very good thing

THE_NER 02-05-2007 05:08 PM

Youve played the hand well so far. I wouldnt expect him to bet the river given how small he bet on the turn.

Seems like a bluff donk potting that flop and then he saw the ace and made a weak follow up. These type of players rarely fire 3 barrels though so if he bets anything significant on the river its probably a pretty easy muck.

Surf 02-05-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youve played the hand well so far. I wouldnt expect him to bet the river given how small he bet on the turn.

Seems like a bluff donk potting that flop and then he saw the ace and made a weak follow up. These type of players rarely fire 3 barrels though so if he bets anything significant on the river its probably a pretty easy muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, river is a 3, and villain pushes. what's the worst hand we're calling? Jx?

Surf

THE_NER 02-05-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, river is a 3, and villain pushes. what's the worst hand we're calling? Jx?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Against sane players the worst hand were calling with is Jx, but in rare cases I would call someone with an ace because I know that they wouldnt donk the pot on the flop with a strong hand.

Against an unknown though this is a fold

Hoopster81 02-05-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah