Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   dumb hand #2: AKs in SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367546)

tyler_cracker 03-29-2007 11:08 PM

dumb hand #2: AKs in SB

pretty good live game. this pot is a half-kill. the killer is posting in the BB.

semi-ok asian woman limps in EP. LP/fishy button limps. I RAISE FROM SB WITH A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. killer calls. asian woman declares, "now i'm mad" and 3bets (this is the first time i've seen her 3bet preflop, much less LRR). button calls. I CAP. everyone calls.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 4 players, 16 SB.

I BET, killer calls, ASIAN WOMAN RAISES, button folds, i call, killer tanks and folds.

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HU for 10 BB.

i c/c.

River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HU for 12 BB.

i c/c.

again, boringly standard?

milesdyson 03-29-2007 11:10 PM

Re: dumb hand #2: AKs in SB

Lol at "Now I'm mad."

I would call her limp reraise preflop and check call down postflop. When she says that I think she has aces very often.

bennyhana 03-29-2007 11:11 PM

yep

NIX 03-29-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol at "Now I'm mad."

I would call her limp reraise preflop and check call down postflop. When she says that I think she has aces very often.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this since she did go out of her way to make a speech. Although, since you see two of the aces, I'd be tempted to check/raise the flop and call down from there.

tyler_cracker 03-29-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/raise the flop and call down from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

NIX 03-30-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check/raise the flop and call down from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, after her speech, I would call her 3bet preflop thinking something big, most likely aces. With an ace on the flop, I think that makes aces less likely and KK/AK/other hand if she is mad more likely. I'd want to get value now since I assume she isn't folding and you may have others padding the pot.

Since you capped preflop, the rest of the hand looks good to me. I'm definitely not looking to check/raise the flop after capping preflop.

Grease 03-30-2007 12:04 AM

Her LRR makes me kind of scared, but after capping, I think you must lead the flop and simply call down from there.

If I just called her LRR, I would check and see what happened. I might take a psuedo WA/WB if I can get it HU with her, but I think that putting any extra money in on the big streets would be a huge mistake, and I'm glad to see that we mostly agree that c/c the turn and river is probably best.

MrWookie 03-30-2007 12:13 AM

Miles nailed this one, "The Speech" is one of the most basic tells in live poker.

Buzz-cp 03-30-2007 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol at "Now I'm mad."

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't buy this. imo hand is played standarldy

milesdyson 03-30-2007 01:31 AM

Guarantee you I would play exactly as I said. I am sick like that. I would look at that bitch and laugh and hope that she was super pissed off that I didn't give her aces more action. If she doesn't have aces but has AK or KK or whatever she will be irritated that I never raised her. Win win.