Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL - AKo against TAG and Maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550203)

VLV 11-19-2007 10:26 PM

25NL - AKo against TAG and Maniac

UTG is 14/10/2.6 over 1161
SB is 72/15/1.2 121, and seems to be calling pretty much with anything PF. Had a big hand with him when I had 56s on 563r board and stacked against his AA and he caught a 3.

I am seen as pretty nitty.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $47.50
Hero (BB): $25.35
UTG: $24.65
MP: $45.45
CO: $3.40
BTN: $4.75

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.75

I can hear people saying 3bet PF, but SB would most likely call, and if UTG calls it would just inflate the pot and there's no way I could take it down with a cbet. Even If I flop TPTK I wouldn't be able to stack off comfortably, would I?

Flop: ($3) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $2

Turn: ($7.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50

River: ($14.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

mickeyzee 11-19-2007 10:48 PM

Re: 25NL - AKo against TAG and Maniac

I still 3-bet pf for value if he's calling almost all raises/fold to utg 4-bet. I would comfortably stack off on an a/k high semi-dry flop in a 3-bet pot. If you didn't think a c-bet would take it down I don't understand why you're raising the flop especially with the pf raiser still to act behind you. I do agree with raising min-donkers most of the time, but on this draw heavy of a board, you're rarely ever going to get a fold from him.

JoshNjuice 11-19-2007 11:00 PM

3-bet PF to isolate against Maniac in position. I think this is far and away the best play. By just calling, you're 3-handed, OOP and stuck between a maniac and a TAG - that means you act after the maniac, but before the TAG, which is bad.

Also, 3-betting pre-flop inflates the pot enough that you can play for stacks on almost any A/K high board. If you miss, you can always check behind for a free card and still have a shot at stacking the maniac if you spike a A/K.

Also, as previous poster said, fold to UTG 4-bet.

As played, call flop, call turn, call river. I don't like a raise on the flop because you have nothing on a nasty board. Bluff-raising this board is probably -EV. You're basically calling for odds and to see what TAG does.

KingOtter 11-19-2007 11:04 PM

Please explain the phrase "I would comfortably stack off on an a/k high semi-dry flop in a 3-bet pot".

You 3-bet to $3, and get two callers, then push the semi dry flop (Q72, 2 of a suit, or maybe Q89 rainbow?)?

Edit: Okay, sorry, read it again... AK high board meaning there is an A or K on the board... got it