Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Should I actually pay attention to the stock pics from magazines? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506253)

FieryJustice 09-21-2007 02:05 PM

Should I actually pay attention to the stock pics from magazines?

So I was reading Smart Money last night and they had 5 stocks they expected to double in the next few years. I am sure that most of the mags out there make similar claims, so should I actually assume they are correct or should I just assume they are print stuff just to fill up pages?

ItalianFX 09-21-2007 02:07 PM

Re: Should I actually pay attention to the stock pics from magazines?

I would say to do your own research and make your own conclusions. If you don't know why you got in, you'll never know the "why" to get out.

SlowHabit 09-21-2007 02:29 PM

If they are good, they wouldn't be sitting there convincing you which stocks are bargains would they?

FWIW, I've looked at a couple of stocks that I liked but didn't buy because I didn't like them enough. However, these stocks' prices have soared lately and thus would make me look like a genius when in reality, I just got lucky.

adios 09-21-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I was reading Smart Money last night and they had 5 stocks they expected to double in the next few years. I am sure that most of the mags out there make similar claims, so should I actually assume they are correct or should I just assume they are print stuff just to fill up pages?

[/ QUOTE ]

No just ignore those kind of picks from magazines.

PS: What were they ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (just kidding).

gull 09-22-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
assume they are print stuff just to fill up pages

[/ QUOTE ]

nastynatedub 09-23-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say to do your own research and make your own conclusions. If you don't know why you got in, you'll never know the "why" to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i coudnt agree more.....put down the magazine and invest in some good boocs (read FAQ)...

arh1 09-24-2007 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, these picks could certainly have merit, but by the time the magazine comes out, the "smart money" has already beaten everyone to the punch.

SunOfBeach 09-24-2007 09:08 AM

Only if you can get the magazine before it hits the stands (and plan on selling the stocks soon after it does). Of course, then you have to dodge bullets (SEC bullets) like Hellmuth does, baby... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]