Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I need passport help!!! How long will it take? I need it by 5/25 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404464)

tedtodd 05-16-2007 09:33 AM

I need passport help!!! How long will it take? I need it by 5/25

So I went to the post office 5 weeks ago to get a passport- they said it would be tight for time, so I should call the Boston passport office to book an appointment within 14 days of travel.

So I do that. The 800# automated queu is full. I try for a few days off and on without any success. I finally wake up at 3am last night and I get thru to them. The earliest appointment is next Wed 5/23. I fly out the following Tuesday, but with the holiday weekend I assume I'll need to grab it that Friday....

-Does anyone have experience with these passport offices? How long does it take? Can I pick the passport up at their office- to prevent shipping?

-Has anyone ever used one of the many shady passport expediting services? Not sure which one to trust, or if I even need one.

THANKS!!!!

mason55 05-16-2007 09:40 AM

Re: I need passport help!!! How long will it take? I need it by 5/25

The expediting services work great, although I can't recommend a specific one. I know lots of people that have used them though.

4_2_it 05-16-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The expediting services work great, although I can't recommend a specific one. I know lots of people that have used them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I used one over 10 years ago. Just pay by credit card and you should be fine.

mason55 05-16-2007 09:48 AM

Yeah I don't think you have to worry a ton about getting ripped off by one of the passport services. I would assume the US Govt takes that kind of stuff pretty seriously.

mosdef 05-16-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of a passport expedition service. How does that work? How do they get you to "the front of the line"?

entertainme 05-16-2007 09:52 AM

travisa

4_2_it 05-16-2007 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of a passport expedition service. How does that work? How do they get you to "the front of the line"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's info from one site

mosdef 05-16-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's info from one site

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I get it. If you prove that you are about to leave and concoct some story about why it's essential (family reason, important business) then you can get bumped to the head of the line.

kmak 05-16-2007 10:36 AM

I used one about a year ago. It was easy and reliable.

Soul Daddy 05-16-2007 10:41 AM

Doesn't the US Post Office offer an expedited service that is guaranteed within 2 weeks? Not that this would help you now, but it should have been an option when you originally went. At least it was for me when I got mine a bit more than a year ago. I wouldn't think this is something that would differ by branch.