Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Value Extracting. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532821)

matrix 10-27-2007 08:32 PM

Value Extracting.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $77.61
Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $37.87
UTG: $98.52
CO: $52.45

Pre-Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BB calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($6) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5

Turn: ($16) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $5</font>, Hero folds...

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $77.36
Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $35.82
MP: $60.65
CO: $96.52
BTN: $51.70

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($6.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($11.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Results: $19.50 Pot ($0.97 Rake)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Aces and Queens) and LOST (-$9.50 NET)
UTG showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and WON $18.53 (+$9.03 NET)

<font color="blue"> Same villain in both of the above hands - first posted hand was the first hand we played vs each other. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. second posted hand is just after the first hand I call down purely for info - I have NO reads on this guy and he kept it cheap - my hand had some SD value so I called expecting him to have a weak ace or Q better kicker hand and I wanted the information. 3rd Hand is a little later ~30ish hands into the session.</font>

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BTN: $86.35
Hero (SB): $52.30
BB: $52.81
UTG: $47.25
MP: $101.07
CO: $54.03

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.40</font>, BB calls $6.40, BTN calls $3.20

Turn: ($24.45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, BTN folds

River: ($44.45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $???</font>

only other reads I have is that he is a bit cagey - but does tend to call too much and overvalues his one/two pair hands - he takes his sweet time with every decision.

Comments on play in hand 3 so far please - and as played given that I think a push will scare him into folding - how big can I VB here? - is this an obvious push anyway as I have less than a PSB??

castigar 10-27-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Value Extracting.

C/f flop on H1.
Fold H2 too on flop.
H3: Raise 3.5x his bet. You don't want to give him odds for the FD. Shove turn.

AFCBeer 10-27-2007 08:51 PM

H2 is hideous. No amount of info is worth paying 40% of your stack for.

H3 I like leading these flops with sets but as played I bet bigger on turn. Making it $15 sets up an easy river shove. Shove river anyway but by betting more on the turn you make it easier for him to call with an ace.

10-28-2007 04:30 AM

Hand 1: I prefer just flatcalling preflop with 22 in that spot, but if you decide to squeeze, I make the bet bigger. 3$ or 3.5$. Cbet is fine, but I give up on turn.

Hand 2: I know it looks like a mid pair, but I just fold here.

Hand 3: Depends on my image, if I have been pretty aggressive at the table, I like the minraise. If I haven`t I just call flop and checkraise turn, since I expect villain to fire again, due to the spades on the board.

yegon 10-28-2007 05:00 AM

H3
I think I bet more on the turn. What hand that calls 10$ is going to fold for 15$?

If I bet 15$ on the turn I push river.

As played I still push river. I mean if you bet out he has to know he is beat if he just has an A and if he's willing to call with an A he will call no matter how big you bet. A big bet might even make him talk himself into thinking you are bluffing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seeing the action in previous hands a river c/r comes to mind but it is too risky IMO, he might just check behind.

Schiester 10-28-2007 05:09 AM

I'd be loving a half pot flop donk in hand 3. Sets you up for a big pot and saves you from the possibilty of villan getting free turn card on a spade draw. I've found that I often get raised by a villan trying to push me off a draw. Good way to a) get value b) find out if you're up against a draw. I don't think this is too transparent a play at these levels.

As a side note. Probably not representative of your play in general. In hands 1 &amp; 2 where you have nothing, you either c/f or bet big (ie. close(ish) to pot).

In hand 3 you have a monster and you min-raise / minbet. I might be feeling like you're milking me if I'm the villan in hand 3 after your action in the other 2 hands.

Ender Wiggin 10-28-2007 05:38 AM

Given the 3-way situation, I like leading the flop here.

yegon 10-28-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the 3-way situation, I like leading the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this often with a big hand and it should work here too. I think it works best HU because you get reraised by air a lot. Multiway the donkbet gets more respect because it's a strong draw that's looking to get it all in on the flop a lot of the time. So 3+ way I'd expect to get reraised by a strong draw or AQ or better - which BTN might not have so it's not that bad to try to get his cbet in case he missed completely.

I think I would still donk most of the time - I might reconsider it because of the BB though as he has shown (in hand 1) that he will just call with an A here and we risk to end up with a smaller pot than we would have if we let BTN cbet.

kaz2107 10-28-2007 03:57 PM

i dont like the turn bet. make it bigger so that u arent in such an akward spot on the river here. if u make it like 15ish on the turn it sets up for an easy river shove. u r also giving him better odds to draws to a flush which is a part of his range.

as played i prolly shove and hope he thinks it looks like a bluff and will call with Ax hands and better. (i think makin it 23 or sumtin looks stronger and will get the same number of calls as does a shove because it looks stronger imo but he will still call with a decent range cuz he is gettin such good odds. yet with a shove he thinks u r tryin to bluff off or w/e and thus calls u nearly as wide.)

harangutang 10-28-2007 05:23 PM

Hand 2: Small bets (1/3 to 1/2 pot) on ever street on ace high flops are weak aces like 90% of the time. Easy flop fold.

Hand 3: I like a c/r on A high flops but yea, raise to around 12 to get value from aces and protect against the flush draw. I would lead the turn strong and shove anything left in on the river, although shove turn is fine too. No reason to slowplay this OOP imo.