Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   OESD on a mono flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399718)

bottomset 05-10-2007 05:40 AM

OESD on a mono flop

villian is unknown, seems to be tightish

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP2 ($114.70)
Hero ($99.90)
Button ($178.95)
SB ($48.45)
BB ($298.05)
UTG ($31.50)
UTG+1 ($93)
MP1 ($103.15)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($19.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero bets?
Hero check/calls?
Hero c/r bluffs?
Hero just gives up?

the_main 05-10-2007 05:46 AM

Re: OESD on a mono flop

very interesting hand.

monotone boards never hit nits, so i probably c/r here. though a 3bet would make things ugly.

obviously many of your outs may be counterfitted.

check/call would be ok too... i'd go broke if I hit straight on turn, as long as it it wasnt a heart.

giving up is not an option IMO. you have a nice flop for a 3-bet flop, and can probabbly get him to lay down a hand thats ahead.

his flop likely scars him equally...

Jurrr 05-10-2007 05:57 AM

Usually gives up I think. You cannot really draw OOP as you have 6 clean outs only (the rest kill the hand or action). Betting may be floated here as the pot isn't that big and will likely be floated if villain has a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. And c/r bluff can and should be done rarely but really it invests a lot to win little and villain may still re-semi-bluff you with something like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx.

Half of overpairs have a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. And not all of those that do not will give up immediately.

the_main 05-10-2007 06:02 AM

But when you call the 3-bet, what kind of flop are you looking for?

If you're going to dump this so easily, you should folp preflop.

Das Budrick 05-10-2007 06:04 AM

I would fold to the preflop raise. Why did you stick around?

bottomset 05-10-2007 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because I hate folding to pussy reraises, I prob wouldn't call with weaker offsuit hands, but a suited 1gapper I like calling

the_main 05-10-2007 06:06 AM

He's deep enough to call this raise. Or at least I would without even thinking.... I've never been much of a numbers guy though.

Das Budrick 05-10-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because I hate folding to pussy reraises, I prob wouldn't call with weaker offsuit hands, but a suited 1gapper I like calling

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seems like in order to win the pot with a hand like this that has been reraised into, you have to bluff him back out of the hand almost everytime. Do you turn a profit with hands like suited gappers, double gappers etc in this situation?

the_main 05-10-2007 06:11 AM

I'm not sure what the $100 games are like, but if i start folding tese at 200 I will get run over. You have crazy implied odds.

threads13 05-10-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the $100 games are like, but if i start folding tese at 200 I will get run over. You have crazy implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This raise is pretty small so I don't have too much of a problem with it. However, if he has a read that this guy is pretty tight then it probably isn't the best guy to be making this call with. I don't think the implied odds for suited 1-gaps OOP aren't particularly great.