Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557472)

ConstantineX 11-29-2007 07:23 PM

Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul

I just wanted to set up a thread where people could talk about local (not online) grassroots support coming out in favor of Ron Paul. Is the evangelism working, how prominent are the signs that he's gaining or losing ground, that sort of thing.

Personally, I've seen little Revolution stickers dotting our Campus billboards and more Ron Paul signs than I'd expected being so early in the campaign in a relatively unimportant state.

You guys?

hmkpoker 11-29-2007 07:37 PM

Re: Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul

Here in Raleigh NC, there are more signs for Ron Paul and any other candidate....by far. However, that might just be borodog's fault [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He's doing pretty well with bumper stickers too though.

lehighguy 11-29-2007 08:55 PM

There were people sign waving near the mall on Black Friday, but my parents didn't have a clue who he was.

ATrebek 11-29-2007 09:42 PM

I drive across the river to Council Bluffs, IA once or twice a week to play cards. The only signs up are Ron Paul signs. I have yet to see a bumper sticker other than mine however.

ZeroPointMachine 11-29-2007 10:01 PM

We had 1500+, including one brothel owner, for the last rally at UNLV. Guess who made the national news.....

NeBlis 11-29-2007 10:55 PM

drove from East Point to down town ATL ( like 19 miles) 1st day w/ RP bumper sticker. 3 people blew horns and cheered. This trend has continued but not as often now.

Still every day I see a new sticker or sign today I saw 3 or 4

Anadrol 50 11-30-2007 12:34 AM

On RT 78 E in NJ (heading to NY), there is a banner hung on one of the overpasses...

Money2Burn 11-30-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here in Raleigh NC, there are more signs for Ron Paul and any other candidate....by far. However, that might just be borodog's fault [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He's doing pretty well with bumper stickers too though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly this is a result of yard-sign spamming by a few fringe wackos.

Money2Burn 11-30-2007 12:39 AM

I think there is a bilboard on I-75 between Tampa and Gainesville, haven't seen it personally, but someone mentioned it the other day. Honestly I haven't been seeing very much stuff around Gainesville or St. Augustine when I went home for Thanksgiving. It's a little disappointing.

ALawPoker 11-30-2007 02:12 AM

On Dec. 16 there's gonna be what sounds like a decent rally type event in Boston. Rand Paul will be speaking. Sounds like it should be a good time.