Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Stupid hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537884)

NinaWilliams 11-03-2007 11:04 PM

Stupid hand

Villian is a TAG and knows me well. Ive been playing more laggy than normal at this table, about 35/25. I think wa/wb is standard here for most people but I really hate it.

Preflop Hero is UTG w A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise, villain 3 bets in CO, everyone folds, I call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hobbs. 11-03-2007 11:41 PM

Re: Stupid hand

i'd c/c the flop and donk the turn

yellowjack 11-03-2007 11:51 PM

a flop c/c is an ace a lot of the time given how dry it is. make him suspicious and c/r the flop. it's more aggro than a flop c/c and turn donk and costs less if it were a bluff.

after the flop c/r bet all streets and fold river UI if he raises turn, or if he raises the river.

BryanC 11-04-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd c/c the flop and donk the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you like this line?

yellowjack 11-04-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a flop c/c is an ace a lot of the time given how dry it is. make him suspicious and c/r the flop. it's more aggro than a flop c/c and turn donk and costs less if it were a bluff.

after the flop c/r bet all streets and fold river UI if he raises turn, or if he raises the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

ignore the part where i suggest folding. there is a higher than average chance he is tilting in some way and may raise as a bluff due to your lagginess.

Abbaddabba 11-04-2007 02:04 AM

if he actually is folding mid to big pairs to a single flop c/r, the solution is to start c/ring with air on those dry ace high flops.

Leader 11-04-2007 02:16 AM

Depends so much on your history with him. I don't think c/r'ing is bad if you have a lagy image.

jr4284 11-04-2007 03:29 AM

I c/r and go from there, but that's usually because I've been caught at least once c/r'ing these flops with complete air. Gotta have the balance.

Tryptamean 11-04-2007 06:15 AM

in these situations, I usually c/c the flop and check the turn. I just accept the fact that oftentimes I only get 1.5BBs worth of value. That's just the cost of playing against your opponent's superior position. However, I get a minimum of 1.5BB if he wants to showdown. Lately, I have preferred to take lines that do not put me in a spot where I fold a hand with outs, or pay a lot when I am very likely behind. There are more improtant decisions than squeezing every last bit of value, especially agsint solid opponents who will not give you much value in this marginal spot anyway.

Oink 11-04-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he actually is folding mid to big pairs to a single flop c/r, the solution is to start c/ring with air on those dry ace high flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero wont have air in his UTG range very often.

But I tend to agree with you. I c/r here because people think I am an idiotmonkey and they will hardly even fold KQ