Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472701)

Nez477 08-08-2007 06:12 PM

***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread***

Hell, why not, there has to be at least a couple other die hard fans on 2+2 out there.... this season has been hella fun and we are beating the tar out of the division leading Brewers today.

There is a lot to be excited about in Denver, as we have a VERY solid lineup with young stars such as Tulowitzki and Atkins who will still continue to get better, Brad Hawpe and Matt Holliday still not quite in their prime, two fantastic speedsters in Taveras and Matsui to lead off, and still a top 10 first baseman in Helton (although he is on the decline).

There isn't really a liability in the rotation right now as Francis/Cook have been really on, and Fogg/Hirsh/Jimenez have been serviceable. Our staff is on pace to set a franchise record in team ERA, and many of them are young and still have many years ahead of them.

We just swept the Brewers, have a huge home stand against the Cubbies this weekend, and if we could win 3-4 of those games we'd be looking good going into the rest of August/September where we play pretty much only in-division games. Our only out of division games the rest of the year are home against Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh and a 4-game trip to Philly.

So the Rockies really hold their destiny in their own hands at this point in time with so many games against the Dodgers, Padres and D-Bags, and it's going to be exciting down the stretch, something that I am definitely not used to as a Rockies fan.

So, here's to your 2007 NL West Champion Rockies... <font color="white"> or at least contenders </font>

Zach Belden 08-08-2007 06:32 PM

Re: ***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
4-game trip to Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

woo thats gonna be fun. your lineup is good, but ours is better

Nez477 08-08-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4-game trip to Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

woo thats gonna be fun. your lineup is good, but ours is better

[/ QUOTE ]

We shall see my friend... we didn't have too much trouble winning our series earlier this year

New001 08-08-2007 11:40 PM

Good luck with the division or WC. I'm not a real fan, but I love this version of the team. It's fun to watch.

4 High 08-08-2007 11:52 PM

Atkins is a natural born killer.

The Farside 08-09-2007 12:01 AM

I &lt;3 the Rockies. Once I got drunk at a game and tackled Dinger. Good times.

TruFloridaGator 08-09-2007 01:04 AM

I'm on the bandwagon after tonight's Braves' game. Go [censored] Rocks, I hope we beat the Braves by a game to win the WC if we don't win the division of course. GO ROCKIES!

kyleb 08-09-2007 01:06 AM

I have simply had enough of the Rockies killing my bets against them. Stop it.

Nez477 08-09-2007 08:24 AM

Huge 4-game series against the Cubbies for both teams... we did our job and swept the Brewers but the Cubbies couldn't take advantage as they got swept

Ryan Spilborghs is a freaking stud... 41 RBIs in 143 ABs

The back end of our rotation is going to be hurting without Lopez or Hirsh though. I'm not a huge Taylor Buckholtz fan.

The Farside 08-09-2007 09:08 AM

We already have Ubaldo Jimenez in there who shouldn't be a major league starter.... I have no idea who's going to take Hirsh's spot.... better not be Buckholz but then again no one else in the minors is ready. Ugh. When does Lopez get back?