Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   set vs weird line from 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557726)

nazahl 11-30-2007 02:25 AM

set vs weird line from 2+2er

villain is fslexduck

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $107.25
BTN: $200
SB: $392.85
Hero (BB): $398.10
UTG: $200
MP: $217.85

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $44</font>, Hero ???

wtf is goin on here

willw9 11-30-2007 02:27 AM

Re: set vs weird line from 2+2er

Don't know what she's doing or why you are playing with her, but get it in.

tannenj 11-30-2007 02:28 AM

she is tricky obviously. she can do this as a bluff and for value.

i think you should 3bet for value. she has a flush once in a while, but in general, i'd expect her to cbet with a flopped flush.

edit: i can't say i hate calling and check-calling a river bet, either

ikestoys 11-30-2007 02:31 AM

c/c is terrible on the river...

3bet all day.

nazahl 11-30-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should 3bet for value. she has a flush once in a while, but in general, i'd expect her to cbet with a flopped flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I kinda discounted a flopped flush unless it was the nuts flush which would be awkward as hell to play like this too... 45 made some sense at the time. what is she calling a 3bet with besides straights/flushes

pineapple888 11-30-2007 02:36 AM

vs duck? get it in obv.

tubasteve 11-30-2007 03:10 AM

she is nuts. i played a crazy hand against her the other day, def get it in.

AZDezertRat 11-30-2007 03:13 AM

i have not been impressed but duck, out of control laggy from my experience.. i get it in here

yad 11-30-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vs duck? get it in obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially when she's slumming this low.

Fonkey123 11-30-2007 03:19 AM

3 bet turn

tubasteve 11-30-2007 03:20 AM

its entirely possible that it hasn't even been her playing the account FWIW (not that i have any proof, just saying it could happen)

nazahl 11-30-2007 03:20 AM

some thoughts on her range?

tubasteve 11-30-2007 03:27 AM

any draw, overcards, and of course real hands

Fonkey123 11-30-2007 03:28 AM

It's her, she admitted it in cheese thread.

Fonkey123 11-30-2007 03:29 AM

I kind of have a feeling she has 45 here though. Other likely hands are overpairs with no diamonds.

tubasteve 11-30-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's her, she admitted it in cheese thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

tyty

fslexcduck 11-30-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have not been impressed but duck, out of control laggy from my experience.. i get it in here

[/ QUOTE ]
lol if you can't tell the difference between the session someone on my account was spewing loads of chips in a hilarious fashion and the times that i was playing for real then your poker skillz prob need work.

uh against me i dunno i probably slowplayed or something and you should fold. but you have a set, so never fold, obv. why are you posting about having a set and maybe folding???

fslexcduck 11-30-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she is nuts. i played a crazy hand against her the other day, def get it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the hand?

nazahl 11-30-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol if you can't tell the difference between the session someone on my account was spewing loads of chips in a hilarious fashion and the times that i was playing for real then your poker skillz prob need work.

uh against me i dunno i probably slowplayed or something and you should fold. but you have a set, so never fold, obv. why are you posting about having a set and maybe folding???

[/ QUOTE ]

lol obviously not folding. was having a hard time putting you on a hand that plays like you did. everyone wants to 3bet the turn/get it in super quick but I didnt see that many hands in ur range that would call a 3bet on the turn that'd I'd be ahead of... ur hand looks like a free sd raise from a mid pair w/ no diamond, 45, 66, or a bluff

pineapple888 11-30-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol obviously not folding. was having a hard time putting you on a hand that plays like you did. everyone wants to 3bet the turn/get it in super quick but I didnt see that many hands in ur range that would call a 3bet on the turn that'd I'd be ahead of... ur hand looks like a free sd raise from a mid pair w/ no diamond, 45, 66, or a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares whether or not she calls? You really want to give a card here?

Noam Chomsky 11-30-2007 02:24 PM

kind of weird cause she has to know this line looks completely fos so if she has any read that you are even competent, one would think she'd be more inclined to take this line for value with a monster than as a bluff and there aren't too many monsters here that you beat.

really though, that's all [censored] cause you have a set and you aren't folding, there are lots of cards you don't want to see so you should really just get more money in the pot ASAP.

Snipe 11-30-2007 03:14 PM

OP: Your thinking mirrors mine on this one in that when she calls a 3bet, you're way behind effictively turning your hand into a bluff. I also kinda doubt you 3ball bluff here which makes several hands in her range quite a bit easier to play.

I call here and c/c most rivers. Seems kinda weak, but I think it gets the most value with least variance in this case.

As an aside - I believe it was Bilbo who advocates just folding small pps from the blinds against a solid button opener and I tend to agree with him. You really just don't have the implied odds imo.

AceMason 11-30-2007 03:39 PM

nm

Snipe 11-30-2007 03:47 PM

Yeah - she's terrible. I totally flopped a set against here and she like, STACKED OFF WITH AN OVERPAIR!!!

I was like "AA no good clown" LOOOOOOOOOL

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:22 PM

okay, so I guess I [censored] up the turn. I really dunno what'd be a good amount to 3bet to and I really see her folding to it a ton. not really sold on it either way, I guess the best argument is that I hate like 1/3 of the deck on the river and she'll probably put me in a tough spot.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $107.25
BTN: $200
SB: $392.85
Hero (BB): $398.10
UTG: $200
MP: $217.85

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $44</font>, Hero calls $32

River: ($103) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $82</font>

pineapple888 11-30-2007 10:27 PM

I'm probably missing something, but betting the river seems totally pointless here. c/c.

spivey 11-30-2007 10:41 PM

Betting the river is good if you plan on snapcalling a raise.

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I think I should have made it a bit smaller to let her think she had some fold equity.

pineapple888 11-30-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With $150 left, I doubt Villain is doing much bluffraising. But now you have to call anyway, congrats. Seems pretty bad, really.

spivey 11-30-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I think I should have made it a bit smaller to let her think she had some fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

A TAG blocking bet / b/f bet of $50 would have been good if you wanted to call a shove, IMO. I think c/c is the play here though.

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With $150 left, I doubt Villain is doing much bluffraising. But now you have to call anyway, congrats. Seems pretty bad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

pineapple, no offense but you constantly contradict yourself in every thread. its like "omg easy 3bet get it" and then I bet the river and you're like "wow that makes no sense" what changed between the turn and river except she doesnt have a chance to bluff now? in which case it doesnt make any sense to 3bet the turn b/c she'd just fold.

nazahl 11-30-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A TAG blocking bet / b/f bet of $50 would have been good if you wanted to call a shove, IMO. I think c/c is the play here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I really didnt think I was behind unless it was 66 or 45 since I really doubt she'd play a flush like this. I was obviously calling a shove, so I wish I bet smaller.

had something else goin down on a different table to just slide barred over and landed on 82

pineapple888 11-30-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pineapple, no offense but you constantly contradict yourself in every thread. its like "omg easy 3bet get it" and then I bet the river and you're like "wow that makes no sense" what changed between the turn and river except she doesnt have a chance to bluff now? in which case it doesnt make any sense to 3bet the turn b/c she'd just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I suck. So point out the flaws in my arguments instead of saying "ZOMG YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD!11!11!!1!11!" when it's completely obvious that I don't and that you are exaggerating, even if you happen to be right in this particular case.

Or maybe you could learn something if you actually think about what I'm saying.

Anyway, you may have noticed that the river bricked. So, fine, you didn't raise and got a little lucky. So now you may want to think about how that changes the situation.

Bet/call guarantees you will lose the maximum when you are behind. The stacks don't set up well for inducing a big bluff IMHO. MAYBE gaybet/call. Maybe. But Villain's far more likely to bluff if you just check, absent some crazy history which you don't apparently have, and now you win more when you are ahead, and lose less when you are behind, which is generally a good thing. But feel free to point out the contradiction.

nazahl 11-30-2007 11:04 PM

youre saying the best play on the river is to check to induce a bluff based on the assumption that bluffs make up the majority of her range, yea? so why are you so happy getting it in on the turn when she folds bluffs (the majority of her range) and stacks you when you're behind?

nazahl 11-30-2007 11:05 PM

and ffs, chill out