Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Live A7s flops Yankee Stadium and... slowplays. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538307)

Woolygimp 11-04-2007 04:18 PM

Live A7s flops Yankee Stadium and... slowplays.

5/5 game with several very bad players, effective stacks $1200-1500.

UTG+1 raises to $15, MP, MP+1, CO, Button call and I call in the SB with A7s. Squeezing seemed like a viable option, but these guys suck too much postflop so calling seemed like the best option.

Flop is 4s 5s 6c. I check, checked to CO who bets $50. Button calls $50. I usually always bet/3-bet, or c/r a combo draw right here. However, it's very rare for a combo draw to have the NFD so playing it aggressive as the added benefit of clearing up my outs. My outs are all nut outs so this wasn't necessary.

This pot was very multiway, and at this point I decided to call and let some overcalls to fall in behind me. If a flush/flush situation arises, these guys are giving me everything. I'd rather not blow them off their 9-high flush draws, even there is a chance they'd cold-call my raise.

So I overcalled. Opinions?

FireStorm 11-04-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Live A7s flops Yankee Stadium and... slowplays.

Seems good. You stand a good chance of burying a lower flush with this method, considering it's live. FWIW your straight outs aren't to the nuts, but this isn't really a concern.

jjshabado 11-04-2007 05:39 PM

What about making a small raise here, even a minraise? Its quite possible that flush draws will still call a $100 bet and the two guys that already called will likely call as well. It gets some more money in the pot where you have huge equity and I don't think it costs you much in terms of getting people to fold.

Not sure I like it, but I think its something to consider.

GT30 11-04-2007 06:45 PM

your call is fine, it keeps around the smaller flush draws. If you raise and get a caller and the turn blanks you will be in a tough spot with a bloated pot

wtf is Yankee Stadium?? I'd rather be at Fenway these days..

SABR42 11-04-2007 06:52 PM

I prefer to raise and get it in because your straight is a 1-card straight that doesn't figure to get paid well.

If you had like K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on a J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop I'd like slowplaying it more.

Mike Kelley 11-04-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf is Yankee Stadium?? I'd rather be at Fenway these days..

[/ QUOTE ]

A big draw maybe?