Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ordering contact lenses online w/no prescription (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472358)

mo42nyy 08-08-2007 09:48 AM

ordering contact lenses online w/no prescription

I ran out of contacts and need some new ones and my rx expired last month. I dont feel like getting my eyes tested again and know what I need. Does anyone know where I can order them w/out the prescription?

moondogg 08-08-2007 10:11 AM

Re: ordering contact lenses online w/no prescription

[ QUOTE ]
I ran out of contacts and need some new ones and my rx expired last month. I dont feel like getting my eyes tested again and know what I need. Does anyone know where I can order them w/out the prescription?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mexico.

Slow Play Ray 08-08-2007 10:18 AM

it used to be easy, but they actually confirm now, must have cracked down or something. my roommate tried 5 different places last month and got shot down every time, wound up just getting a prescription.

revots33 08-08-2007 10:26 AM

Eh I've been using the same prescription for like 15 years w 800contacts. Not even sure of the doctor's name, I got examined in a mall eyeglass store so I just put the store name as the doctor and the store phone number. Have never had a problem, just reordered last month in fact.

When do these prescriptions "expire", anyway? Guess I'm overdue for an exam.

FlyWf 08-08-2007 10:28 AM

If you're between the ages of like 25-40 your eyesight shouldn't change much if at all. If you're like 17 and have bad eyes you need to get tested like every year or so.

moondogg 08-08-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh I've been using the same prescription for like 15 years w 800contacts. Not even sure of the doctor's name, I got examined in a mall eyeglass store so I just put the store name as the doctor and the store phone number. Have never had a problem, just reordered last month in fact.

When do these prescriptions "expire", anyway? Guess I'm overdue for an exam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently in some states there is a law that prescriptions must expire within a given period of time, in PA it is a year.

Whenever I try to order from 1800 Contacts, they send a request to my eye doctor, who replies with whether the the prescription is still good. The doctor wants the business, so he will always reject it if I haven't been there in a year. If you're still getting you orders filled, I imagine your doctor doesn't care and is saying the prescription is still fine. Last time I just ordered a two year supply six months after my last checkup so I would have to go back every year.

This all is relatively new though, 1800 Contacts didn't use to always check the prescription, I would get 2-year old prescriptions filled before.

Sciolist 08-08-2007 11:10 AM

I know this probably isn't much use to you, but I am in the same position and use contactlens.co.uk

XXXNoahXXX 08-08-2007 11:16 AM

Just get the test done and buy your contacts. Set up an e-mail reminder for 11.5 months from now and order a ton.

mo42nyy 08-08-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just get the test done and buy your contacts. Set up an e-mail reminder for 11.5 months from now and order a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the plan last year

XXXNoahXXX 08-08-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the plan last year

[/ QUOTE ]

well then don't be retarded and remember this year or else you'll be stuck posting on 2+2 again looking for an answer.

lots of health insurances cover one eye exam per year, whaty type do you have? just tell the place you only want to covered eye exam, none of that fitting crap.