Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Brian Billick's Successor (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544337)

Roy Munson 11-12-2007 02:03 PM

Brian Billick\'s Successor

Once the inevitable firing of Brian Billick occurs after this season who will be the primary candidates to take over as head coach of the Baltimore Ravens?

Will they give strong consideration to defensive coordinator Rex Ryan or will they look outside of the organization?

J.R. 11-12-2007 02:13 PM

Re: Brian Billick\'s Successor

I think the expectation is a young offensive minded coach will be targeted, with Rex hopefully remaining and providing continuity.

The thought is they would like to target a guy like Josh McDaniels or Jason Garrett. Offensive minded and young, as they realize their is no quick fix and they will need to take some time to fix it.

brettbrettr 11-12-2007 02:15 PM

I'm sure they'll give Ryan a good look but I think they'll be thinking the same thing now that they did when they hired Billick: offense.

Seems to me they've had Fassel Neuhieisel etc on staff so I'm not sure if they'll simply be content to bring an an O gut to run the O. Maybe they'll bring in Norv Turner.

PokerFink 11-12-2007 08:19 PM

Jason Garrett will get a job somewhere if he wants one...

Kneel B4 Zod 11-12-2007 08:33 PM

Josh McDaniels is only 31, and this is only his 2nd year at the coordinator level.

I believe he would be the youngest HC in league history, younger even than Lane Kiffin who Al Davis hired. Mangini and Tomlin were both 35 iirc

I don't think he'll get a job for another year or 2. I hope anyways.

SuperUberBob 11-13-2007 04:47 AM

PF: I can't see Garrett becoming a HC already. He's only been a coach for one year. I figure he'll be an OC for at least a couple more years (I don't know how long his contract is).

KB4Z: McDaniels has only been a coordinator for a short time. However, Mangini was the Patriots DC for only a year before becoming the Jets HC.

Some possibilities include:

Rex Ryan (IMO, the most likely candidate for the HC job)
Josh McDaniels
Scott Linehan
John Fox
Brad Childress

---------

IMO, I think Tom Moore, OC for the Colts, is due for a HC job. He's been a OC for so freaking long and is good at his job that it's amazing he hasn't gotten a HC job yet.

Dudd 11-13-2007 04:51 AM

Tom Moore is 69. There is a zero percent chance of him ever getting a head coaching job at that age, and I'll be surprised if he makes it to the end of Peyton's career.

SuperUberBob 11-13-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Moore is 69. There is a zero percent chance of him ever getting a head coaching job at that age, and I'll be surprised if he makes it to the end of Peyton's career.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very possible for head coaches to coach into their 70's. Not a foreign concept.

But yeah, you're right.

brettbrettr 11-13-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

IMO, I think Tom Moore, OC for the Colts, is due for a HC job. He's been a OC for so freaking long and is good at his job that it's amazing he hasn't gotten a HC job yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he wants one. He makes a ton of money as is and I think he likes it in Indy.