Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Do you want to have children? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548225)

4_2_it 11-19-2007 02:43 PM

Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm laughing at the all pro-kids peeps posting long responses.
If they like the little crumbsuckers so much, why don't they get off the intra-webs and go do some parenting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the military school doesn't go on holiday for another day.

InTheDark 11-19-2007 02:49 PM

I have only one regret in life, not having more children when I had the chance.

You can never consider yourself complete and mature until you marry and have kids. This is 5000 year old common wisdom. Times HAVE NOT changed but there are a whole lot more selfish folks today.

istewart 11-19-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having a child expands exponentially your abilities to love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you're pregnant with gobboboy. I think for most people it's just linear.

Ghazban 11-19-2007 03:05 PM

I haven't posted much in this thread despite not having kids being something I'm pretty sure about (I'm 31 if age matters here) because Henry17 has said pretty much everything I would say and has done it in a very eloquent manner.

Kimbell175113 11-19-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you're pregnant with gobboboy. I think for most people it's just linear.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Henry17 11-19-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can never consider yourself complete and mature until you marry and have kids. This is 5000 year old common wisdom. Times HAVE NOT changed but there are a whole lot more selfish folks today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I'm complete. I only took a few physiology courses but with the exception of some baby teeth I have all the rest of my original equipment.

Maturity is much harder to judge but I'm pretty sure in a western liberal society part of maturity is having the reasoning capabilities to realize that conceptions of the good are part of the personal sphere and not part of the public sphere. To believe that one's own personal conception of the good is epistemologically superior is actually an indication of immaturity.

Badger 11-19-2007 03:18 PM

I'm 26 and have zero interest in having kids right now, but I'm fairly certain I will want them when I'm in my 30s. My only problem with my dormant desire to have kids is that I think having children of your own is a selfish thing to do when there are so many children in need of a good home. I fully expect to rationalize this by the time I'm ready to have kids, as well as get attacked by people who claim having children is not selfish.

React1oN 11-19-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

kibble420 11-21-2007 06:16 PM

I think it's extremely unethical to bring new life into this world when there are millions of starving children overseas.

Discuss.

tarheeljks 11-21-2007 06:44 PM

idk if i'll have kids, or get married for that matter