Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   5cd on stars rigged (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415715)

Bedz 05-30-2007 03:28 PM

5cd on stars rigged

I heared this many times, but often from people who are running bad, the site don't seem to matter. If you play at Party, that is also rigged :P
But now I serveral times talked to people in the draw game at Stars´, who btw are winning, who claim that the hands are fixed to get the rake higher. Is there any truth in this?? I just don't see why Stars would do this just to get maybe $0,5 more in rake.

MarkGritter 05-30-2007 04:01 PM

Re: 5cd on stars rigged

[ QUOTE ]
I heared this many times, but often from people who are running bad, the site don't seem to matter. If you play at Party, that is also rigged :P
But now I serveral times talked to people in the draw game at Stars´, who btw ar winning, who claim that the hands are fixed to get the rake higher. Is there any truth in this?? I just don't see why Stars would do this just to get maybe $0,5 more in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*

Is there any game for which this accusation has not been made?

Maybe stud. I don't think I've heard anybody complain about "action boards" in stud, just the normal "789T suited and three bricks."

Triple draw is such an action game anyway that it would be redundant.

Crazy hand from last night:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
TD2-7 $5/$10 Poker Stars - Ursa - 10174787185
blinds: $2/$5 rake: $3 pot: $205
gendruwo 310 xxxxx f 0
Mingus44 36 xxxxx Cc 3/xxxxx cc 3/xxxxx kc 2/xxxxx f -35
luckbox777 224 xxxxx R 2/xxxxx r 1/xxxxx b 1/T7432 c -45
The__Wynn 178 xxxxx SC 2/xxxxx kC 2/xxxxx kc 1/87652 kc 157
missdonk2u 83 xxxxx Bc 2/xxxxx kC 1/xxxxx kc 1/xxxxx kf -35
mgritter 193 K9632 rc 2/T6532 bc 1/65532 kc 1/96532 b -45
</pre><hr />

Crap, that looks awful in a proportional font. Here's an image:

http://lowballgurus.com/10174787185.png

bigpooch 05-30-2007 06:05 PM

At some tables, you can get about 2.5 or more hands per
minute (or 150+ hands per hour). Playing three or more
tables, you are bound to see many "bad beats". One thing
players don't realize is that once there is some decent
action (open raise and three or players in a pot), the odds
of improving a two pair hand is NOT 4/47, but slightly
higher. Also, if somebody already has two pairs, it is
more likely than "normal" (as compared to nobody being dealt
in yet) another player will be dealt two pairs or higher.
[A similar statement can be made if somebody holds trips or
a full house.]

Just the usual griping heard by players that are having a
tougher time at PokerStars as compared to other sites.

Fnord 05-30-2007 09:05 PM

It's not and can we just this crap out at the tables. It's not good for buisness.

The table coaches in the player pool are bad enough already.

Big Limpin 05-30-2007 09:59 PM

Its the nature of the game. Its played shorthanded, and if I have the best of it predraw, I pretty much expect to win the pot.

The times when I'm value betting the post-draw is when I expect him to have a solid hand, but i've got a monster myself. The classic example, I got AAA and he has KK22, but he has position on me. Maybe i'm in the blinds, and he's opened for a raise, and i 3-bet him (or even re-potted it!!) and he calls. He is perfectly justified to be in the hand, yet due to my better hand, he's an 11:1 dog.

Because i know my hand is good most always, and will certainly get called by him if his hand is half decent, I'm definitely value betting. But if he hit his 4 outer (and i miss) then im getting scorched.

And those are the pots we remember. Not all the dull times you bet your AAA and he either folds, or calls and mucks. You maybe check the HH after he pays you off, and see KKQQ unimproved, and say "ho-hum, another standard hand, yawn"

stripsqueez 05-30-2007 11:35 PM

as has been thrashed in this forum limit draw has tiny variance when compared to other poker games - that would seem to suggest that there is less reason for players to suspect that the site riggs the game - yet i hear much more whinging in limit draw than elsewhere that the game is rigged

for me this says something unfortunate about human nature

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

soulvamp 05-31-2007 11:43 AM

There is a group of about five or six regulars at the Stars limit draw tables who are convinced that the RNG isn't right and they whine every time they lose a hand. They also are severe trash talkers and constantly berate and harrass anyone who dares to outdraw them in a hand.

The whining and trash-talking at those tables are consistently worse than any I've seen anywhere, and it's always the same four or five people.

Funny thing, they've started their own forum dedicated to 5-card draw and have a thread there bemoaning the fact that the tables are drying up.

Idolatrous 05-31-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a group of about five or six regulars at the Stars limit draw tables who are convinced that the RNG isn't right and they whine every time they lose a hand. They also are severe trash talkers and constantly berate and harrass anyone who dares to outdraw them in a hand.

The whining and trash-talking at those tables are consistently worse than any I've seen anywhere, and it's always the same four or five people.

Funny thing, they've started their own forum dedicated to 5-card draw and have a thread there bemoaning the fact that the tables are drying up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are slightly off on this... they did not start the forum. The forum was started for other reasons, but just like this one there will always be some complaining and acquisations. You shouldn't put down someone elses forum for what other people do, that would mean you'd need to put down this forum as well after all this is a post stating '5CD on stars is "rigged"'.

soulvamp 05-31-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are slightly off on this... they did not start the forum. The forum was started for other reasons, but just like this one there will always be some complaining and acquisations. You shouldn't put down someone elses forum for what other people do, that would mean you'd need to put down this forum as well after all this is a post stating '5CD on stars is "rigged"'.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Sorry. Maybe they didn't start it. But a couple or three of them promoted it relentlessly in table chat when it opened a couple months ago and are moderators there.

Fnord 05-31-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a link?

Seriously, if they're winners (well, they're on often enough they can't be spewing money) then the stuff in chat is really really bad for the game.