Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   SNG Book Announcement: (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367663)

Mason Malmuth 03-30-2007 02:40 AM

SNG Book Announcement:

Hi Everyone:

While the contract isn't completely final yet, I'm going to announce a new book project, and we're working on the manuscript right now. The book is Strategies for Online Sit ’n Go’s; Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments with Three Places Paid by Collin Moshman.

This is a manuscript that we received unsolicted and it is quite good. The title is tentative and may be changed before publication. Also, the author is traveling right now, but expects to start posting, primarily on the One-Table Tournaments Forum, in a few days.

Best wishes,
Mason

JJay1231 03-30-2007 02:51 AM

Re: Book Announcement

at last! a book for SNG's

phydaux 03-30-2007 02:53 AM

I hope he has a thick skin.

renereal 03-30-2007 02:59 AM

Sit n Go's thats seems like a great idea. IS he going to have a co author or get any advice from another 2+2 author?

Just hope to many of my oppenets dont read the book.

MicroBob 03-30-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sin ’n Go’s

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

Black winter day 03-30-2007 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sin ’n Go’s

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, noticed that too.
Froidian slip...

Ibanez8185 03-30-2007 04:02 AM

long title but i will buy it

Mason Malmuth 03-30-2007 04:09 AM

Hi renereal:

As in all our books, David and I will review the manuscript. But I've read most of it and my comments (so far) only have to doing with editing and even here it's well written.

Best wishes,
mason

1p0kerboy 03-30-2007 06:59 AM

I'm not sure how well this book will sell.

Online SNGs have been on the decline for several reasons. Most notably is that the structure of paying 3 spots presents an obvious necessary strategy: tight early and loose-aggressive late. As the online games are getting tougher, a lot of SNG players have switched to cash games.

ssmallz 03-30-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how well this book will sell.

Online SNGs have been on the decline for several reasons. Most notably is that the structure of paying 3 spots presents an obvious necessary strategy: tight early and loose-aggressive late. As the online games are getting tougher, a lot of SNG players have switched to cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the opposite viewpoint as you on this one. Even though online SnGs may be suffering, a lot of people including my friends play tournements with similar styles to SnGs. I feel there will be a market for people who are not professionals but still play in a lot of home tourneys