Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   20/40 foxwoods, do you guys fold this anywhere? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509464)

BigBadBabar 09-26-2007 12:19 AM

20/40 foxwoods, do you guys fold this anywhere?

this hand is for nina also.

full table.

2 unknowns limp, sb completes, i check k[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]j[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the bb.

flop j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i lead, ep raises, 2 guys fold, i 3bet, he calls.

turn t[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i bet, he raises, i call.

river 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
i checkcall.

is this an appropriate level of action? is our goose cooked? how do you guys play this?

SNOWBALL 09-26-2007 12:22 AM

Re: 20/40 foxwoods, do you guys fold this anywhere?

it depends

StrictlyStrategy 09-26-2007 12:24 AM

You could fold that turn against normal opponents who aren't retards.

SNOWBALL 09-26-2007 12:44 AM

I don't like river. If we're gonna payoff we may as well betfold

counterspell 09-26-2007 12:45 AM

in a 20 game i expect my opponents to be passive enough that a turn fold is correct.

Jeffage 09-26-2007 12:50 AM

Define unknown - old, young, overall impression? Part of winning live poker is being able to size up strangers on the fly.

I think the flop is ok, but when you're raised on the turn I wouldn't automatically pay my opponent off. J10 is pretty plausible, as is a set of 4's or 6's. Unless you have reason to believe he's pretty loose aggro, you're likely tortured. A set makes a lot of sense and he doesn't expect you to fold after 3-betting the flop so what do you think he's trying to do exactly?

Then on the river, it's kind of gross - the only draw got there and he's still betting. That usually means he has a strong hand that he can't resist valuebetting and doesn't think you bet-3 bet with a flush draw. I agree w/ Snowball about betting being better if you MUST pay this off. But if I get to the river, particularly that river, I'm frequently check folding. I don't think I get there unless he's an action type though or he thinks I'm weak or something.

Jeff

tessarji 09-26-2007 04:29 AM

This is a simple fold on the turn unless your opponent is unusual for a 20/40 game.

ProfessorBen 09-26-2007 04:34 AM

This hand perfectly delineates the difference between online and live.

This board is a call down online against your average villain and a fold against your average live one.

Paying off this specific river is probably not a good idea against your average villain anywhere, though.

PokerBob 09-26-2007 06:18 AM

you beat absolutely nothing on the river. the turn is close.

cgrohman 09-26-2007 10:06 AM

You are toast on the river so I fold. I might even fodl to the turn raise depending on the player. Why can't Nina post her own hands?