Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   400NL: AQ OOP on A high board vs aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500869)

jenson 09-14-2007 08:09 AM

400NL: AQ OOP on A high board vs aggression

Villain is 13.5% VP$P, 10.36 PFR%, 14.42 WtSD%, 33.33% W$aSD

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $360.80
BB: $931.20
UTG: $453.60
UTG+1: $406.00
MP1: $398.00
MP2: $532.80
CO: $411.70
BTN: $104.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $14.00, BB calls $12.00

Flop: ($48) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $40.00</font>, Hero calls $40.00, BB folds

Turn: ($128) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $120.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero?</font>

AlexB182 09-14-2007 08:21 AM

Re: 400NL: AQ OOP on A high board vs aggression

Fold. You beat nothing here. We could even argue whether you could've already folded on the flop...

Mike Kelley 09-14-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. You beat nothing here. We could even argue whether you could've already folded on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 10%PFR villain raised from the CO? He has any ace any king. Hero has not defined his hand at all. Calling from the small blind is a mistake. If you 3bet this preflop and then lead with the ace on the flop, it is a completely different hand.

AlexB182 09-14-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 10%PFR villain raised from the CO? He has any ace any king. Hero has not defined his hand at all. Calling from the small blind is a mistake. If you 3bet this preflop and then lead with the ace on the flop, it is a completely different hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completey agree to that Mike Kelley! But I was referring to the hand as it was played, and as played, I don't see calling the turn bet and maybe even another big bet on the river.
But you're completely right that this hand should've been played differently, much more aggressive...

jenson 09-14-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you 3bet this preflop and then lead with the ace on the flop, it is a completely different hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see a lot more 3-betting PF at 400NL FR than 200NL FR. Therefore I know the 3-betting ranges much be wider. A good argument can be made for 3-betting here vs some opponents.

Generally, I'm usually not too keen to build a big pot PF OOP with AQo.

Mike Kelley 09-14-2007 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completey agree to that Mike Kelley! But I was referring to the hand as it was played, and as played, I don't see calling the turn bet and maybe even another big bet on the river.
But you're completely right that this hand should've been played differently, much more aggressive...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that beats us right now is AK and or a lucky Ax Kx combination that hit two pair, possibly a set I guess. I think the play is call.

donk the river or check/call whichever.

AlexB182 09-14-2007 09:09 AM

AK, AA, KK, 77 beat us here, AQ for a tie, maybe even AQc with a nut flush draw. Villain is 13/10, I don't think he is firing a third barrel with hands like TT - QQ. Only hand we beat is AJ. I would not like to play for stacks here and that is what might very well happen with another PSB on the river...

Mr_Donktastic 09-14-2007 11:09 AM

3 bet pre.

Turn is close but I'd fold vs most people.

BJJIII 09-14-2007 11:34 AM

I like the smooth call in the SB vs a blind stealer. I personally like a check raise on the flop and a nice lead on the turn. You gotta take the lead at some point IMO. If he calls on the turn re-evaluate.

You probably have him beat.

He puts you on a flush draw I think and trying to get you to fold.

Landlord79 09-14-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the smooth call in the SB vs a blind stealer. I personally like a check raise on the flop and a nice lead on the turn. You gotta take the lead at some point IMO. If he calls on the turn re-evaluate.

You probably have him beat.

He puts you on a flush draw I think and trying to get you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good line. Resistance to this definitely tells us where we're at.