Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bob Costas: Gambler (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534537)

MCS 10-30-2007 10:50 AM

Bob Costas: Gambler

Did anyone else watch Football Night in America on Sunday and see the discussion about what the Colts-Pats spread would be? The show opened with the following.

Costas: "We're gonna have a 7-0 defending Super Bowl champ at home as an underdog! Can you believe it?"
Collinsworth: "And a big underdog at that! I mean, it could be a touchdown."
Costas (slightly confused): "No way, it won't be more than 3."
Collinsworth (laughing): "I don't know, I think it's a touchdown and I'd still take New England!"
Costas (totally serious): "My dad was a gambler. I am telling you it will not be more than 3."

Then they cut to highlights. They come back and the FIRST thing out of Costas' mouth: "Will you give me 6.5? I'll take 6.5 right now." Collinsworth then hems and haws.

It was awesome because Costas was in disbelief that Collinsworth was so square, and he not only felt the need to set the record straight, he wanted action. It was also interesting that they made the spread the centerpiece of their discussion. I wonder if those guys are gonna get a call from Roger Goodell. It seems like I'm seeing more open discussion about gambling than ever before; anyone else feel this way?

O Fen�meno 10-30-2007 11:05 AM

Re: Bob Costas: Gambler

what a dirty degen

prohornblower 10-30-2007 11:31 AM

lol Costaments

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-30-2007 11:32 AM

i forget his name, but the guy who used to do MNF would always mention the line.

NT! 10-30-2007 12:14 PM

didn't they open at -4? so they were both wrong

cbloom 10-30-2007 12:29 PM

The whole Chris Berman Swami thing used to secretly be all about the spread. It was all under the table, but he would tell you who to take against the spread.

jlocdog 10-30-2007 12:35 PM

New England favored by 6 and the un/ov is 56.5 which I think will go up to atleast 58/59 by the end of the week.

domer2 10-30-2007 12:40 PM

Sportscenter did about 3 minutes on the spread last night, including a soundbite from the Colts coach

prohornblower 10-30-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole Chris Berman Swami thing used to secretly be all about the spread. It was all under the table, but he would tell you who to take against the spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'd listen to Berman about is how to properly execute a combover or how to talk like you have emphysema.

NT! 10-30-2007 12:46 PM

or how to nail chicks in leather pants