Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Call this turn with AK? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531573)

KnowReturn 10-26-2007 12:30 AM

Call this turn with AK?

don't have much of a read on BB, only played 10 hands but they have not yet played a hand.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero?

Probably should have bet the turn but was hoping for a free card. Regardless, I'm thinking villain doesn't have KQ or AQ or would have raised the flop. So I'm thinking I have at least four outs with the non heart A and K, and the AKh is worth maybe a half an out. I have 2 outs with the non heart Js and half an out with the Jh. So I'm figuring I have 7.5 outs getting 5-1. Also, if I call here am I committing myself to C/C on the river if I miss?

StrictlyStrategy 10-26-2007 12:39 AM

Re: Call this turn with AK?

You're almost never getting a free card on the turn(occasioanlly giving). I still check though.

I would call and donk As and Ks and probably CR Jacks.

One Outer 10-26-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're almost never getting a free card on the turn(occasioanlly giving). I still check though.

I would call and donk As and Ks and probably CR Jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ultra standard

Ricks 10-26-2007 11:55 AM

You have enough outs for the implied odds. With no read that Villain is a value bettor, I am probably not going for a c/r if a Jack hits the river. Too many 2/4 online players will automatically assume, incorrectly, that you have exactly what you have after checking the turn. Betting always gives us some chance of being able to 3-bet.

Aces McGee 10-26-2007 12:16 PM

I think you're discounting the Ah, Kh, and Jh too much. I wouldn't worry much about hearts here.

-McGee

CrdShrk6 11-07-2007 06:44 PM

The BB can't be that strong because he didn't re-raise you pre flop or on the flop. Unless he made two pair on the turn, or picked up a straight flush draw. he probably had a Queen with a weak kicker for him to play pre-flop and the flop as weak as he did. What is your image by the way, how do the other players percieve you?strong, weak, losse, tight? it is worth calling because you have a straight draw and can probably hit an ace or king because i doubt he has KQ or AQ. If you hit a jack and he has QJ you'll probably win some extra bets.