Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO- overpair +non-nut-flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521003)

gergery 10-11-2007 06:45 PM

PLO- overpair +non-nut-flush

PLO $2-4 game, 4-handed
Villain has been loose aggressive 45/25 after 70 hands, but seems good, having played 4-5 hands that got to showdown reasonably well so far. he's played the two big pots he's been in so far aggressively and on the first he led pot, pot, pot. the second was with me, and pot, got raised, reraised on the other (he stacked me with big wrap vs. set). He likely views me as LAG also

Villain ($700) opens UTG for minraise to $8
Hero ($475) reraises to $28 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop ($60) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks
Hero bets full pot ($60) which has been standard for when betting on flop
Villain check-raises the max ($240)
Hero has $416 left behind

Your action?

If you fold, how small does your remaining stack size need to be to get it in with?

Thx,
-g

TimberBee 10-11-2007 07:02 PM

Re: PLO- overpair +non-nut-flush

I fold, and I guess I need less than 250 left to call. But that was just a number that popped in my head. I think the chance he's got a big suited pair here is huge.

chucky 10-11-2007 07:05 PM

Looks like nut flush draw. Maybe a pair as well.

TheRempel 10-11-2007 09:51 PM

His range has to be heavily weighted towards bare overpairs and pairs + straight draws for me to call unless I'm really short for some reason. It's almost always a fold.

Crusher19 10-11-2007 10:00 PM

my stack would have to be 135 or so for me to make this call.

Ribbo 10-11-2007 11:29 PM

villain is me by the way if that influences anyone's decision.

Elrazor 10-12-2007 04:19 AM

this is one of those occasions where i probably check behind - depends on my mood and the way the table is playing, but you kinda have half a hand here, and i hate being c/r off half a hand when i have position.

if you can spike a 9 or a J you have villan in all kinds of trouble

Chaoslord 10-12-2007 04:25 AM

you have to think about that before you bet, if im betting its because i want to put all my money in or i have a clear fold. this hand is not clear cut so its probably better to check behind or dont reraise it in the first place

Burdzthewurd 10-12-2007 05:38 AM

If it's Ribbo, IMO pretty clear fold.

RoundTower 10-12-2007 06:51 AM

I think this is a fold, but a stack off with KK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x