Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Send a message to Kevin Everett (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498300)

Homer 09-11-2007 01:34 PM

Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I just find the outpouring of concern etc to be a little odd considering what happens on a daily basis all over the place, to people who don't have a saftey net, and didn't make a choice to put themselves in harms way. Not saying I wouldn't be an NFL player myself if I wasn't a scrawny talentless dork. Not saying it's not tragic and sad. I have friends/acquaintences who play(ed) in the NFL. I just think the attention it gets is way out of whack. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who finds it absolutely mind boggling that people cared so much about Princess Diana or Random Kennedy Dude dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Obviously it's sad and nobody suggest it isn't. It's just that it's not any more sad than anything else that's horrible and tragic and sad. I don't have enough time in my day to send a get well soon note to everybody in the world that needs it, and there's nothing special about this guy that makes me want to single him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't post in the [censored] thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. There's nothing wrong with not sending this guy a get well note and/or thinking he doesn't deserve it more than anyone else, but that's no reason to come into the thread to let everyone know. No one cares.

Triumph36 09-11-2007 01:40 PM

mostly people who complain about things like this are self-important douches ... wait, you mean it's dids and clarkmeister? yeah, yeah, that sounds about right

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this not caring about one person's suffering because someone else is suffering worse thing is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say I didn't care.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who complain about things like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I complain.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
act like you're too cool to care

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say I didn't care.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no reason to come into the thread to let everyone know. No one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as much reason as there is for people to come to the thread and let everyone know that they *are* sending an email.

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, we all ignore tragedy, otherwise we couldn't go on living. When was the last time you thought about Africa? But I think it makes you a giant douchebag to crowd around the tv every week when jacked up's on and then try and act like you're too cool to care when someone gets seriously injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is about right. If you take joy in seeing the hard/punishing hits and feel nothing when someone gets hurt as a result....well there seems to be something wrong w/ that. I think it's selfish.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no nead to rain on the parade of those who are emotionally effected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that "rain on their parade" is a good phrase here.

Also I don't see where I told someone else not to care or be affected.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
feel nothing when someone gets hurt as a result....well there seems to be something wrong w/ that. I think it's selfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither Dibs nor I said we felt nothing.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either.

[/ QUOTE ]