Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   High Limits (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=124854)

centgas 05-28-2006 11:45 PM

High Limits

I've been thinking about this for a little while so just decided to post it.

1. What really sets out a player, well enough to play 5/10 or 10/20? What addional sttributes are needed at this level? I haven't yet had a chance to go that close yet due to BR.

2. Obviously a lot of people make money on these tables, but surely a mass are losing. Are these just people going to the top as a bit of a gamble, rich men losing permanently, etc? I just dont understand how people could sustain those sort of losses. Surely sensible good players would stick to a level they win at.

3. Thirdly, I have seen people 10 tabling 6max high limits. Surely any reads or other attributes that give people the edge, are lost when playing so many tables? Surely it isnt ABC poker at this level? It cant be super human thats for sure.

Sorry for what will have seemed a very basic post to a lot of you, its just questions that I haven't worked out answers to, and am quite intrigued.

05-29-2006 12:22 AM

Re: High Limits

bankroll

chilly 05-29-2006 12:30 AM

All the top multitabling pro's are really top computer programmers, and have written a successful program to beat the game. Not really that farfetched if you think about it.

black_drake 05-29-2006 12:33 AM

Ability to multitask goes a long way too. Able to process different information at once.

You know you're getting better when you are able to identify fishes, not from just 1 table, but multiple tables, after a few orbits.

And BR too.

g-p 05-29-2006 01:55 AM

they recognize the regulars and just assume everyone else is a fish

ender555 05-29-2006 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes

Rick305 05-29-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

and dont you ever forget it

durrrr 05-29-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

All the top multitabling pro's are really top computer programmers, and have written a successful program to beat the game. Not really that farfetched if you think about it.
If you knew how to play nl holdem you'd realize how impossible it'd be for a bot to be good @ it (vs competentish opponents).

Death Valley 05-29-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

2. Obviously a lot of people make money on these tables, but surely a mass are losing. Are these just people going to the top as a bit of a gamble, rich men losing permanently, etc? I just dont understand how people could sustain those sort of losses.
This amazes me every day

yvesaint 05-29-2006 09:16 AM

its really not hard to multitable. i really dont understand if you guys think 10 tables is harder than 6 tables. maybe i just played to many video games as a child.