Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The Old Min-CheckRaise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=21592)

lennytheduck 01-26-2006 08:58 PM

The Old Min-CheckRaise

Stars 2/4 6 max

Hero is playing very laggy, about 40% VPIP. I have been raising a ton and as a result am getting crazy action on my big hands.

Villain in the hand falls in love with hands he shouldn't; I have seen him get it all in with QJ on a Q high board with no redraw.

Villain has ~$450 and I cover.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO

Folded to Hero, <font color="red"> </font> Hero raises to $12, <font color="red"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> Button folds, SB folds, Villain calls $8.

FLOP ($26): J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks, <font color="red"> </font> Hero bets $24, Villain raises to $48,

Hero...??

aba20 01-26-2006 09:06 PM

Re: The Old Min-CheckRaise

Based on your read I reraise pot now to get the money in against AJ-QJ or whatever else he may have. You don't want another diamond or an overcard coming and scaring him.

lennytheduck 01-26-2006 09:11 PM

What kind of strength does the flop min-CR usually signal to everyone?

aba20 01-26-2006 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of strength does the flop min-CR usually signal to everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very read dependant. I have found can be everything from bottom pair to the nuts. If you watch villian carefully you can usually come up with what types of hands they are doing this with. Regardless you have a monster and should be looking to get the money in.

iceman5 01-26-2006 09:19 PM

I think you may very well need another diamond. I just call.

Big_Jim 01-26-2006 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is playing very laggy, about 40% VPIP. I have been raising a ton and as a result am getting crazy action on my big hands.

Villain in the hand falls in love with hands he shouldn't; I have seen him get it all in with QJ on a Q high board with no redraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go all in.

lennytheduck 01-26-2006 09:40 PM

One pair is a monster?

Big_Jim 01-26-2006 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One pair is a monster?

[/ QUOTE ]
You've gotta be kidding me.

You have an overpair and the nut flush draw.

You have 40% equity against a set, and almost 33% against a flush draw.

All other hands you have crushed, and he's definitely capable of calling with worse.

Big_Jim 01-26-2006 09:47 PM

Did you read player description?

Calling here sucks ass.

Lurke&#1071; 01-26-2006 09:58 PM

Why so small pre-flop raise?