Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Time to be stubborn w 88? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558821)

danspartan 12-01-2007 05:37 PM

Time to be stubborn w 88?

Live 6/12 at CP
Read on SB, pretty solid youngish asian guy, but with the most occasionally lagish reputation. Basically once every 2-3 orbits he makes a play, usually on one of the big streets. Mostly with a draw, but not always. Has some tendency to juice pots pre-flop, but not really lagish pre-flop.

Hero CO w/88 (not 100% confident on suits, either 2 or 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on turn)

PF: Hero Opens, BTN 3-bets, villian 4-bets, hero, btn call (12SB)

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Vill bets, hero raises, BTN folds, SB calls (16SB)

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] c-b-c/r (11BB), hero? Any difference if [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

KingFelix34 12-01-2007 06:37 PM

Re: Time to be stubborn w 88?

tough spot, you can't beat much though and so I think you have to fold here unless you have a crazy good read on him that he is trying to make a move. The diamond would make me a little more inclined to fold only because if he is making a move he could still have as much as 15 outs to you on the river.

James. 12-01-2007 10:20 PM

this is a tough spot. villain is certainly capable of pumping big cards pf. just as possible is a bigger pocket pair that got scared. even so, i don't think he's the type to back down with an overpair.

most often when he c/r the turn, we're smoked. even so, the pot is so big that we really need to showdown against this guy. i want to check the turn, but that induces us into making a big mistake against the portion of his range that we are ahead(that is very often drawing live against us in a huge pot).

based on his description i'm gritting my teeth and betting. if he raises i call and reevaluate on the river. if a diamond, ace or king comes off i don't think we beat anything. if he's capable of firing another barrel with a missed draw it's an easy call. if he's not, we can lean towards folding. if it's brick and he checks to us i would probably valuebet since i think he pays off with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. if he isn't the type to payoff with ace high and/or he is capable of bluffraising the river i'll often just showdown.

Chris Daddy Cool 12-01-2007 11:41 PM

opponent is really aggressive. you have an overpair. pot is big. calldown.

its not going to be pretty a lot of the time, but if he is a fraction as aggressive as you say he is you are going to have to show this down here.