Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   debate on the dan patrick show re: brett favre (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403871)

THEOSU 05-15-2007 04:11 PM

debate on the dan patrick show re: brett favre

olbermann finally shows up for an hour. they start talking about the packers and whether the packers would be better if favre went away and basically blowing up the team and rebuilding, or if he's fine staying and they do whatever. they discuss the possibility of trading him to a contender, saying that favre forced the packers hand thus the pack don't come out the bad guy. olbermann notes that favre wouldn't make any playoff contender better. patrick contends that favre is a top 10 QB for 2007. olbermann mocks this idea.

now, i was in the car at hte time, but i think i have a pretty good idea who they rated...

QBs KO and DP agreed are better:

p. manning
brees
brady
palmer
hasselbeck

QBs DP said are tough decisions (but then he went on to say that he felt Favre was 10th overall, despite there only being 7 in the better than or maybe category):
mcnabb
bulger

QBs KO said he would definitely prefer for 2007:
vick
bulger
e. manning
rivers
romo
roethlisberger
mcnair

QBs KO was on the fence on:
young
mcnabb
sexy rexy
pennington

QBs KO said he would not prefer to favre:
losman
delhomme
huard
cutler

Interesting QBs not named in the debate:
leftwich/garrard two headed monster
leinart
alex smith

i was laughing at olbermann, personally.

i've always been a bit too much of a brett favre fanboy, but I'd probably prefer the following QBs for 2008 only to favre:

peyton
palmer
brees
brady
hasselbeck (probably a lot closer than people think)
young
mcnabb

tossup: bulger

pretty close to favre, but slightly below: leinart, eli, vick, roethlisberger

am i crazy?

duracell 05-15-2007 04:22 PM

Re: debate on the dan patrick show re: brett favre

[ QUOTE ]

vick
bulger
e. manning
rivers
romo
roethlisberger
mcnair

young
mcnabb
sexy rexy
pennington

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

I'm a Philly homer, but in my opinion McNabb is the third best quarterback in the league. Even non-homers can't put McNabb oustide the top 5 (Manning, Brady, Brees, and Palmer would be the others in my top 5).

Not to mention, Romo is very average. He started lights out when no one knew how to defend him. He's not that good, and there's no way he deserved the Pro Bowl.

THEOSO, I agree with you, except I would include Bulger and not Young. Alex Smith and Phillip Rivers are close, and Young/Leinart/Cutler could be better by mid-season.

Richard Tanner 05-15-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vick
bulger
e. manning
rivers
romo
roethlisberger
mcnair

young
mcnabb
sexy rexy
pennington

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

I'm a Philly homer, but in my opinion McNabb is the third best quarterback in the league. Even non-homers can't put McNabb oustide the top 5 (Manning, Brady, Brees, and Palmer would be the others in my top 5).

Not to mention, Romo is very average. He started lights out when no one knew how to defend him. He's not that good, and there's no way he deserved the Pro Bowl.

THEOSO, I agree with you, except I would include Bulger and not Young. Alex Smith and Phillip Rivers are close, and Young/Leinart/Cutler could be better by mid-season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he's good, when he's upright, which is what 50% of the time.

Cody

SL__72 05-15-2007 04:27 PM

For one season only?
I think you are crazy to call yourself a Favre fanboy and then list Young under the people you'd rather have for 1 season only...

I wouldn't hesitate in taking the following QBs over him:

Peyton
Brady
Brees
McNabb
Bulger
Rivers

To be honest, the fact that Favre isn't 100% right now scares me a little so there are probably 10 or so more people who I would have to think about at the very least.

Off the top of my head I'd say all of these are close:
Huard
Kitna
McNair
Pennington
Romo
Roethlisburger
Leftwich
Leinart
Hassebeck

jah7_fsu1 05-15-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head I'd say all of these are close:
Huard
Kitna
McNair
Pennington
Romo
Roethlisburger
Leftwich
Leinart
Hassebeck

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty tough. I mean Huard hasn't done anything in his career until last season where he did a damn good job. Is he more like that? Big Ben...is he the terrible QB from last year or the guy who won the Super Bowl. No way I'd take McNair over Favre, or Kitna over Favre. Romo same thing as Huard, etc, he hasn't shown me a ton yet (still young). Leftwich no, Leinart maybe after this year, Pennington yeah maybe. Hasselbeck most definitely I'd take.

BillNye 05-15-2007 08:54 PM

Ill take a healthy McNabb over anybody not named P. Manning.

Favre is a bottom 10 QB this year.

Grossman is the bottom QB (sept for rookies, maybe...)

MacGuyV 05-15-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

vick
bulger
e. manning
rivers
romo
roethlisberger
mcnair

young
mcnabb
sexy rexy
pennington

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, McNabb in the same group as those other guys is a joke.

I've thought for a while now that it's Manning/Brady then a dropoff then McNabb/Palmer, a lesser dropoff, then Brees/Bulger/Hasselbeck, and after that it's basically a bunch of splitting hairs people with short memories & "who has been hotter for the last 6 games" contest.

NozeCandy 05-15-2007 09:07 PM

Anyone taking Favre over Rivers right now is nuts.

MuresanForMVP 05-15-2007 10:04 PM

does anyone else think Patrick is the worst radio host ever? He's absolutely awful at interviewing people. He speaks in a monotonous voice, always cuts off and interrupts his guests, and instead of asking questions and conducting conversation he'll simply pause then say one or two words. Example: Baseball player on the show is talking, talking talking.
Patrick:"..... steroids in baseball...."
Baseball player:...yes what about them?

thatpfunk 05-15-2007 10:22 PM

wow bulger doesnt get enough love.