Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week One Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490218)

Needle77 08-30-2007 08:04 PM

College Football Week One Thread

Thursday games are kicked off and Rutgers is putting a show on in Jersey tonight. Can we just give Ray Rice the heisman right now?

Game of the week I guess is UT and Cal. Can't wait to watch that one.

SoloAJ 08-30-2007 10:54 PM

Re: College Football Week One Thread

ISU loses to Drake on a 50 some yard TD with 23 seconds left. It hit our DBs hands and bounced through, caught and ran by the WR. Ugh:(

Austiger 08-30-2007 11:38 PM

The other ISU loses to Kent St. in Chizik's debut. I don't know enough about those teams to know how big a flop that is, but it can't be good.

MyTurn2Raise 08-30-2007 11:46 PM

ISU was 3.5 point favorites for some reason, my rankings had Kent State as a 5 point favorite....I just thought my rankings were screwed up, so I only bet it for one unit

Not too big of a flop IMO....when the cupboards bare, it's bare

Your Mom 08-31-2007 12:06 AM

Can Piss St. just fire Croom now? They are f'n awful.

armyof1 08-31-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thursday games are kicked off and Rutgers is putting a show on in Jersey tonight. Can we just give Ray Rice the heisman right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Brian Brohm will have something to say about that.

16 for 21 375 yds 4tds and a rushing Td. All in 2 1/4 quarters.

damaniac 08-31-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add that it was against Murray State. Yes, still impressive, but I just can't care how well people do against middle school teams. Show me a great performance against a decent team and I'll be impressed (and I certainly expect he will, I'm just saying that I don't care about this).

JackWhite 08-31-2007 12:45 AM

My thoughts on tonight's actions are limited to the ESPN broadcast. I think Craig James and Doug Flutie are a poor replacement for Coach Corso and Herby. I don't mind Flutie, but I really dislike James. I think he is terrible. Corso could be irritating, but I like his spirit.

Speaking of Corso, I love the new ESPN college football promo spot with the whole crew in the gym. Very funny.

I_AM_EVIL 08-31-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add that it was against Murray State. Yes, still impressive, but I just can't care how well people do against middle school teams. Show me a great performance against a decent team and I'll be impressed (and I certainly expect he will, I'm just saying that I don't care about this).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Rice's #'s came against a real powerhouse team? Any decent RB could put up those #'s againt Buffalo.

It's too soon to start talking about giving the Heisman to anyone but if I had to put $ on it, my pick is Brohm with Rice a very close 2nd. I may be biased a little bit considering I'm a life long, diehard UofL fan. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MEbenhoe 08-31-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we just give Ray Rice the heisman right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

F that, PJ Hill for Heisman.