Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   facing a a river CR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312252)

thatpfunk 01-22-2007 03:40 PM

facing a a river CR

im guessing most will say easy fold, but whatevs. villian is new and unknown so he probably doesnt know much about me. i havent shown down much but ive been in a few pots since he sat down.

he calls both the flop and turn pretty quick. his crai was insta.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($200)
UTG ($251.50)
Hero ($251.80)
Button ($47)
SB ($198)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $8.

Flop: ($23) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, UTG calls $14.

Turn: ($51) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $26</font>, UTG calls $26.

River: ($103) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $201.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $334.50

now, if we are folding aq here, what are we calling? KJ? AJ? AK?

SABR42 01-22-2007 03:45 PM

Re: facing a a river CR

Unless villain is a 60/0 calling station, I certainly don't bet 3 streets here.

I check the turn, and then bet the river if he checks.

As played this is such an easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
now, if we are folding aq here, what are we calling? KJ? AJ? AK?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm calling KK here.

AE6 01-22-2007 03:47 PM

why are you trying to get three streets of value with AQ on this board? a much better plan would be to check behind turn and then call a bet on the river or bet if checked to. given that you did decide to bet the turn, i think the river is an easy check. pretty much the only hand you're getting value from is AT, and it's just way too slim. as played, it's definitely a fold. you only beat a bluff, and there aren't really very many nonmade hands that villain could hold and decide to bluff with. maybe JcXc but that's it.

cbboy 01-22-2007 03:48 PM

Check behind on the river. I don't like betting all 3 streets here with AQ on this board. As played, you have to fold the river. You don't beat much and I think this is rarely a bluff.

JohnAndersen 01-22-2007 03:52 PM

estoy de acuredo, there are so few hands we are getting value from here, I almost feel like it kind of a spew on the turn. What were your thoughts on the turn bet? Straight value? What hands in his range do we beat? Other than a bluff where he called flop, called turn just to c/r bluff riv? If this is a bluff here, he is way above my level.

thatpfunk 01-22-2007 03:54 PM

"why are you trying to get three streets of value with AQ on this board?"

because i get alot of value from hands like Ax and KQ. people dont fold often vs me and river CRs are rare.

"I'm calling KK here. "

thats the worst hand youre calling with? i think KJ is pretty close, AJ very close and im snap calling ak.

SABR42 01-22-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
""I'm calling KK here. "

thats the worst hand youre calling with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you're going to get shown QT most of the time here.

If you snap call AK, you get trapped by weak players too easily.

thatpfunk 01-22-2007 04:04 PM

"What were your thoughts on the turn bet? Straight value? What hands in his range do we beat?"

Any hand with a Q or T in it. altho theres a strong argument for chking and chk calling the river i like charging for what is more often than not, a pr+draw.

everyone is saying check behind on the river. that is why his CR makes so little sense to me. im folding here because i put him on A8 alot more than QT.

thatpfunk 01-22-2007 04:12 PM

"Yes, you're going to get shown QT most of the time here.

If you snap call AK, you get trapped by weak players too easily. "

how often do you see the chk-call, chk-call, CRAI line?

SABR42 01-22-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how often do you see the chk-call, chk-call, CRAI line?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually slow-playing donkeys do it religiously when they flop the nuts.