Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Top two on scary board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217313)

**RivEredAgaiN** 09-21-2006 09:03 AM

Top two on scary board

This is my first post on this forum. Tried No-Limit for a while and decided to switch. No specific reads. Table has acutally been kind of tight. Not sure if I played to passively after the flop.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.5SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.25BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 16.25BB

DrModern 09-21-2006 09:05 AM

Re: Top two on scary board

This is fine, IMO.

topspin 09-21-2006 09:09 AM

I'd cap the flop and raise the turn, calling down from there if 3-bet. There aren't many combinations of AA-QQ left and all those hands usually cap preflop, and raising JT from UTG would be quite unusual. Much more often you're ahead of AQ/KQ, and splitting occasionally with AK. Having UTG+1 along for the ride makes it even easier.

jrz1972 09-21-2006 09:10 AM

Either cap the flop or raise the turn.

There aren't any legitimate preflop-raise-but-don't-cap hands that have you beaten. You're either chopping with another AK, beating AQ/KQ, or villain is overplaying some weaker holding. I'm not worried about a big set or a straight yet.

I think you slowed down a little too early. If I cap the flop and villain leads the turn, *then* it might be reasonable to slow down. If I call the flop, raise the turn, and villain 3-bets, I am definitely slowing down.

Gib 09-21-2006 09:10 AM

I'm cappin' the flop, re-eval if UTG still leads the turn, you could be against a whole heap of hands here, &amp; I think you are pretty good alot of the time.
Some Players may opt to pop the turn but I would prefer to have some decent reads on my opps, against an unknown I prefer capping the flop.

DrModern 09-21-2006 09:17 AM

Actually, yeah, I sort of like capping the flop. Is no one concerned about UTG+1's presence in this hand though?

Sushiglutton 09-21-2006 09:56 AM

nh

MrWookie 09-21-2006 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, yeah, I sort of like capping the flop. Is no one concerned about UTG+1's presence in this hand though?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the guy who's range is Jx, Tx, x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? No.

Cap flop, raise turn, and then I'm done raising.

DrModern 09-21-2006 10:35 AM

Word, Wookie.

A-rag is possible too IMO.

**RivEredAgaiN** 09-21-2006 10:47 AM

Thanks for your help. I hope to become an active member of this board. UTG had AQ if anyone is curious.

Scott