Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   First Month Results (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529606)

Somnius 10-23-2007 05:21 PM

First Month Results

I just finished my first NL month, and I'd like some feedback if that's alright. The first week and a half were at 25NL, the rest at 50NL. I don't think I'll be moving up until I have at least 100k hands at 50NL and can beat it for at least 5PTbb. How is my progress thus far though? Sometimes I think I may be doing well, other times perhaps I should be beating it for more by now, any thoughts appreciated. My goal is to be able to make $40/hour by Jan1...right now I'm at $15.

Stats - 16/11/2 when I first started, I've slowly loosened up to a 22/18/3. Started off playing about 1500 hands a day and 4 tables and am now at about 3k hands a day 6-8 tabling.

Thanks.

http://www.gamblinggateways.com/images/nl25.jpg

http://www.gamblinggateways.com/images/nl50.jpg

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, didn't feel it fit in at BBV considering what I'm asking etc, please advise otherwise. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

MrBump 10-23-2007 05:25 PM

Re: First Month Results

I don't understand ? What is the first graph and what is the second graph ?

Post your actual stats in table form too plz

basementproject 10-23-2007 05:26 PM

Graph points up, you're doing good.

Can't really draw any other conclusions from the info given.

Is this 6max btw?

Gonso 10-23-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first week and a half were at 25NL, the rest at 50NL. I don't think I'll be moving up until I have at least 100k hands at 50NL and can beat it for at least 5PTbb.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% solid plan, just make sure your BR is in order.

MediaPA 10-23-2007 05:30 PM

you play at party. I hate you [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

WTF happened around 11k. that's pretty ugly.

If I can do math, you are up ~1200 @ 50 NL and 300 @ 25 NL.

Hmm, just curious why you moved up. Obviously the results ($$) are there, I just hope you fixed whatever caused the downswing at 25NL.

Gonso 10-23-2007 05:37 PM

It was a small downswing, nothing unusual about it, standard

MediaPA 10-23-2007 06:41 PM

Yeah, looking at it from a buy-in perspective, it's nothing that drastic. Just at first glance it seemed severe. (10 buyins or so)

This is something that some might disagree with, but consider playing a little 100NL ever now and again. Maybe one day a week, instead of playing 6-8 tables of 50, try 2 tables of 100. I think getting a taste of it isn't a bad thing before you are ready to make the 'jump.'

You might go for a bath, but it might help revive you a bit since there's a little higher stakes which could spark your interest and get you out of a potential future rut from grinding up over xxk hands.

Somnius 10-23-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand ? What is the first graph and what is the second graph ?

Post your actual stats in table form too plz

[/ QUOTE ]

first graph is 25NL...second graph 50NL

I'd rather not post full stats considering my name's out there, thanks though.

Somnius 10-23-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, looking at it from a buy-in perspective, it's nothing that drastic. Just at first glance it seemed severe. (10 buyins or so)

This is something that some might disagree with, but consider playing a little 100NL ever now and again. Maybe one day a week, instead of playing 6-8 tables of 50, try 2 tables of 100. I think getting a taste of it isn't a bad thing before you are ready to make the 'jump.'

You might go for a bath, but it might help revive you a bit since there's a little higher stakes which could spark your interest and get you out of a potential future rut from grinding up over xxk hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please bare in mind the 25NL graph I was still basically a fresh rookie, downswing or me just playing badly who knows....Now I feel more like an intermediate rookie, still have an absolute ton to learn before I move up to 100NL IMO...I don't want to keep grinding out microlimits forever of course, but, I also don't want to rush things, fail, and then ruin the high I'm on right now of actually winning and doing semi-well considering. I wanna bring myself to a point where when I take the shot at 100NL, I can stay confident and strong if it fails...that requires a lot more of 50NL for now...I'm only beating it for 3bets....who knows could be even less, could be running well for all I know at this point.

Just wanted a rough idea of how I'm looking after the first month...your thoughts are appreciated.

Somnius 10-23-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Graph points up, you're doing good.

Can't really draw any other conclusions from the info given.

Is this 6max btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, yes it's 6max