Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Movies with misleading previews (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444070)

Kevin8423 07-05-2007 11:48 PM

Movies with misleading previews

I recently watched Man of the Year starring Robin Williams and it ended up being much different than the previews would have lead you to believe. I expected a comedy (obv) and while it had funny parts it wasn't a comedy, and its main plot wasn't even really shown in the previews at all.

What are some other movies like this?

UFGatorGuy 07-06-2007 12:01 AM

Re: Movies with misleading previews

Click

psuasskicker 07-06-2007 12:01 AM

Fight Club

- C -

Hey_Porter 07-06-2007 12:06 AM

The winner of this, ignoring anything to do with the quality of the movie, is Executive Decision . Steven Seagal was ALL OVER the previews, and they were easily trying to pawn it off as a Seagal film. He dies in the first ten minutes, without a single cork screw or kitchen knife to anyone's forehead.

TalkingDonkey 07-06-2007 12:07 AM

Pearl Harbor, it made me think it was going to be good

Clarkmeister 07-06-2007 12:08 AM

Snakes on a Plane had the least misleading preview.

XXXNoahXXX 07-06-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The winner of this, ignoring anything to do with the quality of the movie, is Executive Decision . Steven Seagal was ALL OVER the previews, and they were easily trying to pawn it off as a Seagal film. He dies in the first ten minutes, without a single cork screw or kitchen knife to anyone's forehead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is always my answer when questions like this come up.

He died and I was like WTF?

Thought it was cool cause I didn't see it coming at all. They should do that a lot more.

cobrakai111 07-06-2007 12:19 AM

I really enjoyed the movie but I didn't know Pan's Labyrinth was so focused on the civil war. I thought it was more of a sci-fiction/fantasy type of movie.

Blarg 07-06-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently watched Man of the Year starring Robin Williams and it ended up being much different than the previews would have lead you to believe. I expected a comedy (obv) and while it had funny parts it wasn't a comedy, and its main plot wasn't even really shown in the previews at all.

What are some other movies like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

By far the best line in Neighbors, the great Belushi/Ackroyd movie(and novel by John Berger) was only in the previews. Every one was terrifically disappointed it didn't make it into the movie. Extremely bizarre.

highlife 07-06-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fight Club

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. No idea why you would say this.