Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Pro Poker Player Rumors (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536941)

Cincy_Kid_ES 11-02-2007 01:16 PM

Pro Poker Player Rumors

I have read these throughout the website and couldn't find the asnwers so I decided to ask now.

Is Phil Ivey retiring?

Is Gus Hansen broke?

Is Brad Booth broke?

Were players like Daniel Negreanua and Barry Greenstien at one time broke, and how many other "world class" players have gone broke at one point or another?

Papi Shasho 11-02-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Pro Poker Player Rumors

Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it.

DanielM 11-02-2007 04:07 PM

Scotty Nguyen claims to have gone broke over 100 times. God knows how many times Mike the Mouth has.

Nicky Balls 11-02-2007 06:35 PM

phil ivery is retiering, my teacher from HS is actualy freinds with ivey...yeah my hs teacher was awsome

D0p3Ad1c7 11-02-2007 06:56 PM

Brad Booth hosted a tournament where I live (Edmonton, Alberta)... He was trying to get a 25-50 PL Dealers Choice game going, with min buyin 5,000... Not enough intrest, so they stuck to 10-25 PL... Doesnt really answer your question I guess... Just some info :P

Carolina Pirate 11-02-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] nh sir

Cincy_Kid_ES 11-02-2007 11:47 PM

Why is Phil Ivey retiring?

LonesomeFugitive 11-02-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Phil Ivey retiring?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, maybe poker bores him/he has a lot of money/wants to play golf??

Cincy_Kid_ES 11-03-2007 12:23 AM

Maybe Phil took some huge losses, and he did not want to deal with the variance of poker anymore? I'm sure he has millions, and he is a great name and image for poker which that in and of itself can make him hundreds of thousands. He might also want to avoid becoming like Brunson and spending his whole life with a deck of cards. Who knows? Maybe, the lifestyle and people he is constantly surrounded by really can get to you after a certain amount of time. I doubt Phil is an angel, but he seems to have a LOT more class than almost anyone in the poker community.

Does anyone have any factual reason as to why he would retire? where was this even confirmed? And does this mean he will NEVER play poker again or he will by and large cut his playing time down 95% or something like that?

Anamul 11-03-2007 01:54 AM

Mike the Mouth has only been broke once!!! He's still trying to get square!!!