Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   tens vs the world (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533732)

SNOWBALL 10-29-2007 07:55 AM

tens vs the world

Hollywood park 15/30

2 limpers.

I raise TT in the CO. Button coldcalls, like he always does.
Sb calls. BB calls. Limpers call.

flop 345 rainbow.

Checked to me. I bet. Button folds. Sb CRs. She is a spazz and prob has one pair, maybe with a draw to go with it.

BB thinks for a little while, and then calls. This means he has 7 or an Ace I think, but prob a seven. he isn't gonna think about it if he has a pair. UTG calls.

Does anyone 3 bet? I am pretty sure I am best, but I want a nine or something to come off on the turn, before I raise the field vs SBs donk on 4th. Man she is so bad.

that_pope 10-29-2007 08:07 AM

Re: tens vs the world

I have no problem with this line, mainly because it is read based and we know where we are. If you have no clue where you are, you would want to 3 bet to hopefully make the hand easier. Go with your read and get some extra bets hopefully, or get out cheaper if they improve.

BadBigBabar 10-29-2007 08:36 AM

betcalling (or just calling) gross flops and then raising safe turns is a pretty standard weapon in our arsenal, no?

SNOWBALL 10-29-2007 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
betcalling (or just calling) gross flops and then raising safe turns is a pretty standard weapon in our arsenal, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I pretty much just wanted to post a hand from my recent blooodbath, and this was one where I remembered the board and all the action. Sorry this post sucks. I think it's a pretty easy decision.

jskills 10-29-2007 09:58 AM

It's pretty hard to imagine you're behind on this flop. I'd 3-bet.

Having late position on the turn is perfect to react to a potential bad card and your opponents actions.

Mr Rick 10-29-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone 3 bet? I am pretty sure I am best, but I want a nine or something to come off on the turn, before I raise the field vs SBs donk on 4th. Man she is so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would 3-bet here. If you believe you are ahead get two more small bets now. You sound as if you will be hesitant to raise on the turn unless a safe card hits - so get your raise in now.

DcifrThs 10-29-2007 12:38 PM

the only reason i'd 3 bet now is if i think sb will cap and bb will fold for 2 more cold.

since the 2nd one is almost definitely not happening, i'd call and raise the turnon a good card.

do not fold this hand though.

Barron

n.s. 10-29-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason i'd 3 bet now is if i think sb will cap and bb will fold for 2 more cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are a few others reasons: SB might get spooked by the two flop calls and not bet the turn (doesn't seem likely from the description); she's the type to try and make the OOP free card play; or an A might come on the turn and kill your action.

I still like waiting here, though.

Bicycles_Biatch 10-29-2007 03:43 PM

I'm slowly (at the recommendation of my roommate) becoming a flop jockey.

I'm 3 betting here about 100% of the time.

However, this is a by-product of me not being able to lay hands down on later streets (as 2+2 has so elequently pointed out)... therefore, I like to build the pot early; makes me not feel so dumb for calling down with hands that supposedly have show down value :-)

ggbman 10-29-2007 06:57 PM

The play is definitley to call the flop here. Remember that just because you may have an equity edge on the flop does not mean that the highest EV play is to put in the money now. You have position against the field, and you can see a turn card and what actions occur after it. Popping a good turn charges everyone more money AND allows you to put in the money when you have much better equity against the hand ranges of the villians here. It will also afford you the chance to fold when the turn comes an A, 2, 6, etc... and it goes bet, raise in front of you. I would defintley just call here.