Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521619)

ZeeJustin 10-12-2007 04:14 PM

Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize

From NobelPrize.Org:

[ QUOTE ]
The Nobel Peace Prize goes to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change". Read More

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Just noticed this was already posted in the Politics forum. Gonna leave it up anyway as I think the discussion here will be different.

Henry17 10-12-2007 04:17 PM

Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize

I didn't know the Nobel organization gave out a prize for fiction.

Subfallen 10-12-2007 04:27 PM

But they are fond of irony! Kissinger FTW!

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-12-2007 05:17 PM

he just barely beat out Will Smith for his work on Hitch.

Nielsio 10-12-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From NobelPrize.Org:

[ QUOTE ]
The Nobel Peace Prize goes to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change". Read More

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Just noticed this was already posted in the Politics forum. Gonna leave it up anyway as I think the discussion here will be different.

[/ QUOTE ]

This world is going down the gutter and it's not because of CO2.

hitch1978 10-12-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he just barely beat out Will Smith for his work on Hitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to Will, I'm much better now.

pokervintage 10-12-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This world is going down the gutter

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that I first heard this profound statement in the mid fifties. Then echoed throughout the sixties. Yes, again at the end of Nixon's second term. And yet again during the Carter years. Oh and in the mid eighties, I believe, that once again the world was on the brink of global disater because of Reagan and his Soviet union views. The nineties did not produce this statement very often to my recollection. Even with Iraq. I believe the doomsday folk were too busy thinking about whether a president should be allowed to get a blow job on the job. I really thought that was how people got "a head". Oh, well.

So here we are, now, after the end of the world has come and gone and we are still just heading for the gutter. Does anyone know the real ETA? Hmmmm....I wonder if Gore knows or is trying to find out so that if he's right we can stop or change our direction. What a silly thought.

pokervintage

Phil153 10-12-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree...it's because of overpopulation.

MaxWeiss 10-13-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know the Nobel organization gave out a prize for fiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted For Stupidity

chezlaw 10-13-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree...it's because of overpopulation.

[/ QUOTE ]
so when are they going to face up to the truth, its not fridges or cars or... that's the problem.

The problem is people who have kids and look after their health. Huge cash incentives to the heavy drinking, 40 a day, overweight childless is what the world needs.

chez