Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Missed value with AA? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553937)

l0gician 11-25-2007 03:19 AM

Missed value with AA?

CO is typical loose passive fish. I get so wary when they re-raise ... I assume I lost a lot of value on the turn/river here? Should I have just jammed any non heart on the river, and c/r'ed the turn?

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (11.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

yourface 11-25-2007 03:25 AM

Re: Missed value with AA?

reraise flop call down any more action
I hate letting these guys keep the initiative on the flop because they keep wimping out and missing bets when scare cards come

bobhalford 11-25-2007 03:27 AM

If you are going to just call the flop raise, it should be with the intention of check-raising the turn. My play is to 3-bet the flop, bet the turn and the river. Check raising the turn certainly has merit too.

inferno 11-25-2007 07:18 AM

3bet flop you have aces yo

johnnyrocket 11-25-2007 02:39 PM

3 bet flop, bet/call turn, if we call turn maybe c/c river, if he just calls bet/call river also, u lose lots of value usually by giving the passive guy the lead here.

StellarWind 11-25-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to just call the flop raise, it should be with the intention of check-raising the turn. ... Check raising the turn certainly has merit too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much merit. You'll give up too many free cards against this type of player.

3-bet the flop and keep going until he raises again. Then call down.

Catsailor 11-25-2007 08:15 PM

This looks like any Q maybe w fl dr. I think either 3b flop or call and ck/r any non heart tu. Loose Passive fish raise tpmk here if you have been playing aggresive and c-bet alot. Another raise probably means 2pair at least IMO but I would probably call down.

TheHip41 11-25-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to just call the flop raise, it should be with the intention of check-raising the turn. ... Check raising the turn certainly has merit too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much merit. You'll give up too many free cards against this type of player.

3-bet the flop and keep going until he raises again. Then call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

thrasher789 11-25-2007 11:03 PM

What everyone else said, pump the flop then lead until he raises, then proceed to call down and pray he has top top or a semibluff.

SuperUberBob 11-26-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What everyone else said, pump the flop then lead until he raises, then proceed to call down and pray he has top top or a semibluff.

[/ QUOTE ]