Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   rogue mods again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414478)

NT! 05-29-2007 06:46 AM

rogue mods again

user jordiepop link
had received a * from me. i went to bed and his title had been changed to 'grinder' with no user notes added. wtf.

Gildwulf 05-29-2007 09:32 AM

Re: rogue mods again

I banned this troll (Obmar_) yesterday and made specific notes, and he was back posting like an hour later

Also, the total count of people changing my titles is somewhere around a dozen.

I'm going to have to start backing up my notes on posters, ffs.

iron81 05-29-2007 09:39 AM

Well, at least Ryan has records of reversed Bans.

EMc 05-29-2007 10:13 AM

Didnt you remove his star or did he get re-stared?

Ryan Beal 05-29-2007 10:18 AM

pm notifications look right for your bans, gildwulf.

And as for rogue mods...
Please stop. You suck, and I'll have to get extreme if you keep screwing around.

Have a nice day.

ahnuld 05-29-2007 10:23 AM

never me. I tag any changes I make.

Gildwulf 05-29-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And as for rogue mods...
Please stop. You suck, and I'll have to get extreme if you keep screwing around.

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it didn't save or I am hallucinating? I dunno, people are definitely [censored] around though, no doubt about it.

*TT* 05-29-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And as for rogue mods...

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it didn't save or I am hallucinating? I dunno, people are definitely [censored] around though, no doubt about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild - that happened to me once, we discovered it was user error - my mistake. Your right that someone is obviously removing custom titles, but the ban removal could have been a simple mistake.

kyleb 05-29-2007 12:19 PM

Definitely not me. Who would do this?

miajag 05-29-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exactly like what the culprit would say.

diebitter 05-29-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exactly like what the culprit would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response is exactly what the real culprit might say to build a smokescreen of confusion.

citanul 05-29-2007 12:49 PM

i told you guys in the other thread it was me. jeez.

Dids 05-29-2007 01:03 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ad....php?uid=92812

This dude lost two stars that he really, really earned. No notes.

citanul 05-29-2007 01:15 PM

that really sucks. bellagio player posts almost exclusively in:

b4l, golf, sporting events, bbv, oot.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it isn't gild, adanthar, ryan, or mat, and i'm going to guess that it is someone who is a mod of one of those other forums, though obviously that's not a necessity.

let's go with lynch green because wtf, why does that account even still exist.

adanthar 05-29-2007 01:25 PM

Not sure if stuey was kidding or not, but if he was, this goes back to at least 10/06:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=7741615

*TT* 05-29-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it isn't gild, adanthar, ryan, or mat, and i'm going to guess that it is someone who is a mod of one of those other forums, though obviously that's not a necessity.

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually have a lot of unworking mods that still exist such as JBB, and Commodus - perhaps its time for a non-active mod trimming as a safety measure?

durron597 05-29-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if stuey was kidding or not, but if he was, this goes back to at least 10/06:

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if this happened in the last 35 minutes since you posted this, but stuey isn't a mod

durron597 05-29-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually have a lot of unworking mods that still exist such as JBB, and Commodus - perhaps its time for a non-active mod trimming as a safety measure?

[/ QUOTE ]

i personally guarantee you that Commodus is not removing *s without telling anyone

*TT* 05-29-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i personally guarantee you that Commodus is not removing *s without telling anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed Commodus is... but i do think its time to trim down the moderator field to remove the inactive ones. The positive effect is that the smaller field makes it easier to determine who might be the rouge. I am not insinuating that the inactive mods are the leak, but it does make management easier by removing them.

citanul 05-29-2007 02:08 PM

TT,

i think that it is possible that commodus didn't want his identity to be openly discussed around here anymore, and has possibly gone to the extent of removing the original post where he revealed his id.

all,

durronisright. stuey admitted to screwing around about these things and was removed because of it. while it obviously isn't stuey any longer, the "problem" has been around for a while.

i don't think that there can be any harm from trimming back inactive mods, it's not like it's difficult to restore mod status if need be.

i'm also totally shocked at how poor the documentation for this software is. it really seems like this is the only messageboard in the world that uses this software, which is mildly upsetting, but understandable at times.

Gildwulf 05-29-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed Commodus is... but i do think its time to trim down the moderator field to remove the inactive ones. The positive effect is that the smaller field makes it easier to determine who might be the rouge. I am not insinuating that the inactive mods are the leak, but it does make management easier by removing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with TT. I think it's time for a cleanup of inactive mods.

adanthar 05-29-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if this happened in the last 35 minutes since you posted this, but stuey isn't a mod

[/ QUOTE ]

right, so if he was kidding at the time and it's not him, at least one guy has been doing this since 10/06.

edit: oic, I wasn't aware of the stuey thing

FeliciaLee 05-29-2007 02:22 PM

I am not doing any of these things. Just FYI.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MrWookie 05-29-2007 02:23 PM

I'd be in favor of culling the herd a bit.

Leader 05-29-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be in favor of culling the herd a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inactive mods could just be made green in color only like cnfuzzd.

durron597 05-29-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, so if he was kidding at the time and it's not him, at least one guy has been doing this since 10/06.

edit: oic, I wasn't aware of the stuey thing

[/ QUOTE ]

he was doing it and was removed as a result

i've said it before but i'm 99% sure it's one of the HSNL mods (none in particular, but rather they are the ones who never show up when mat sklansky does things like ask for ppl to do a roll call)

durron597 05-29-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm also totally shocked at how poor the documentation for this software is. it really seems like this is the only messageboard in the world that uses this software, which is mildly upsetting, but understandable at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to bigboards, we are by far the largest implementation of ubbthreads. period.

according to chuck, they give us almost no technical support.

*TT* 05-29-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

i think that it is possible that commodus didn't want his identity to be openly discussed around here anymore, and has possibly gone to the extent of removing the original post where he revealed his id.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, thats news to me.

El Diablo 05-29-2007 02:46 PM

d,

"the ones who never show up when mat sklansky does things like ask for ppl to do a roll call"

There are roll calls in the mod forum?

citanul 05-29-2007 02:49 PM

El D,

There's been like... One? It was at some point during the Degen/Sniper drama a call for culling back super inactive mods who don't read the mod forum last occurred. In theory "somewhat active" reading of this forum is a requirement, and those who miss a thread titled "RESPOND HERE IF YOU WANT TO STAY A MOD" are reasonable candidates for having not read here.

El Diablo 05-29-2007 03:03 PM

durron,

BTW, I suspect there are MULTIPLE factions of rogue mods at work. Well, actually, I know this for a fact.

MEbenhoe 05-29-2007 03:25 PM

Not that getting rid of inactive mods would be bad, but the response of you guys to someone messing around with bans/others mod notes is to say lets get rid of inactive mods? I'd say its wayyyyyyyyy more likely that whoever is doing it is a pretty active mod.

Dids 05-29-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT,

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, thats news to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure the old post is still there, but he's asked that people not flaunt the fact that they know who he is by mentioning it in new threads.

ahnuld 05-29-2007 03:27 PM

the odds of it being someone in this thread are like nil

durron597 05-29-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've always thought that ahnuld character was pretty shady btw

El Diablo 05-29-2007 03:37 PM

ahnuld,

"the odds of it being someone in this thread are like nil"

I have removed multiple custom titles.

EMc 05-29-2007 03:42 PM

Is there a possiblity is it the fault of the software?

JaredL 05-29-2007 04:27 PM

I don't understand what removing Commodus and Green does that's beneficial. Both of them have other accounts that have mod powers.

citanul 05-29-2007 04:36 PM

El D,

Why have you done so?

EMc,

It is very unlikely that a software fault would remove one custom title and replace it with a totally different custom title.

Jurollo 05-29-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi!

...phew