Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   FD vs shorty (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556794)

z28dreams 11-28-2007 09:26 PM

FD vs shorty

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $36.60
MP: $23.45
Hero (CO): $43.95
BTN: $48
SB: $25.10
BB: $12.30

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4

River: ($14.80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.95 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $4.95

Main question - do you call this flop raise, or just dump? Ya, he's short, but pretty good odds to call. (he's short, so there's less to make, but the probability that he'll be all in is super high)

He's 38/6 and passive and folds to most c-bets, so he probably has a hand here.

With the good odds is it worth calling since I can assume he'll be all in no matter what on the turn?

Langerz 11-28-2007 09:35 PM

Re: FD vs shorty

Ummm you are getting like 3.5:1 immediate odds right? You don't need to even get an extra dollar out of him when you hit to make this profitable. Since he's really short I'd expect him to have trouble getting away from this hand even if the flush card comes.

I think your implied odds make a flop call easily profitable. Not to mention you don't even know for sure you can't win with a K or Q.

tweak 11-28-2007 09:59 PM

yeah I'd call his raise.

But I'd probably check call instead of leading. You'd probably get to the turn cheaper.

eastern motors 11-28-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I'd call his raise.

But I'd probably check call instead of leading. You'd probably get to the turn cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitely lead because we raised PF. So this lead is a c-bet, which we should be doing 100% of the time when HU on an Ace high flop. Fairly good chance we can take this down right now.

z28dreams 11-28-2007 10:38 PM

eastern motors - lol - are you in DC metro?

tweak 11-28-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I'd call his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitely lead because we raised PF. So this lead is a c-bet, which we should be doing 100% of the time when HU on an Ace high flop. Fairly good chance we can take this down right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah your right. Got blinded by pretty diamonds.

But I'd made the flop bet more, closer to 75% PSB

NeverScurred 11-28-2007 11:05 PM

This flop is a bet 100% of the time. And yeah, it the bet should be around pot on such a drawy board. You played the rest of the hand correctly imo.

kaz2107 11-29-2007 02:55 AM

nh. everything looks damn standard to me

patrick10 11-29-2007 05:43 AM

i dont think you can fold really, you are getting great odds to call with 2nd nut FD + some backdoor straight draws.

Villain is passive, so i think that his flop raise does somewhat define his hands as AQ, AK, A9, A8 + sets.

That said i think you are therefore slightly off in that villain WON'T necessariuly be all in on the turn no matter what... that would be aggressive no? especially with scarecards a plenty on this board.

i think you played fine, i thik it sucks if he has A high flush or rivered a boat, but overall i wouldn't really do it differently