Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   November Low-Content Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536645)

brick 11-05-2007 02:43 AM

Re: November Low-Content Thread

Next time chime in with some constructive feedback and I'll remember you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Howard Beale 11-05-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, guess im forgettable, or else it wasn't nice meeting me. Just had a very very good turn of events the last 2 days. I was drinking heavily and watching the ASU game yesterday, and had 5k in my wallet all ready to burn it in a 40/80 or 60/120 game, but didn't get a ride, and passed out instead. Then I won about 60bbs in a 20/40 game today in 10 hours...and played AA amazingly against Howard, although he doesn't like my 'change up' play. Maybe he will think twice when value betting next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being shown those Aces was a big WTF!?! moment for me. I prolly wouldn't have paid a river c/r but, still,.......

60bbs! Nice. I only won a rack but I'm on a steady, daily grind at least.

that_pope 11-05-2007 03:47 AM

Yeah, I

HOWMANY 11-05-2007 09:48 AM

=/ poker, was +7 like first 2 days this weekend then somehow got trainwrecked with the coup de grace being a small 6k loss in 150 and 2/4 mix that was like 16k at one point. i continue to never receive a winning hand in 1/2 holdem, i thought i had fixed that by running good at mixed games but i forgot that as soon as the game gets above a certain size i just magically never win any hands

also turns out that roc's a scumbag which is surprising since he always seemed like a good guy to me

bugstud 11-05-2007 10:13 AM

details?

that_pope 11-05-2007 10:50 AM

Bah, having connection problems....here is what my last post was supposed to say:

Yeah, I was playing well, and ran very well with my hands, and I wasn't even getting out of line preflop or postflop like I had been. On that aces hand, my plan on the turn was a river check raise, but I froze, didn't think I would get paid off, and didn't really want to puke if you threebet, so I wussed out. Same result as if I bet/bet/bet, which is what I do against non thinking players.

I was definately on top of my game, and would have paid off a lot more when I shouldn't have. For example, I get QT in BB, the guy in seat 6 limps in EP, SB calls, I call. Flop comes AQT, check, check, and he checks. I instantly start to dislike my hand more then if he bet. Turn comes a 2, no flushes, not that he would raise on a flush draw. Check, I bet, he raises, SB folds, I fold face up, pot was way too small to call down and get shown down the KJ that he has waaay too often.

Another time our big complainer in the 1 seat had been complaining all day about how I couldn't miss. I wasn't needing to bluff at all because I was hitting hands when I had them, and getting paid off. But I picked up a flush draw on the turn, and there was also a flush draw on the flop, so I am like sweet, I have about half the deck to win. So my non flush flush comes in, and he checks, I bet, he started muttering about standard, and how I haven't missed a hand all day, and he calls. Boooooooo.

But I had a bit of a downturn and even in my mind mentally listed the amount in my bankroll that if I hit it, it was back down to 8/16, but now those thoughts are out of my mind for a bit!

P.S. How was Denny's?

surfdoc 11-05-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also turns out that roc's a scumbag which is surprising since he always seemed like a good guy to me

[/ QUOTE ]

No teasing. Ship the full story please.

Howard Beale 11-05-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On that aces hand, my plan on the turn was a river check raise, but I froze, didn't think I would get paid off, and didn't really want to puke if you threebet, so I wussed out. Same result as if I bet/bet/bet, which is what I do against non thinking players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet,bet/bet makes you less, actually. I fold the turn UI. But you take a chance that I check behind on the turn which I probably should've done considering that it was you and then I can a free card to beat you. Anyway, I felt like a shnook that hand after I dusted-off those chips w/ 'only' TPTK and I find that I've got to say 'sorry' again for my outburst. (For those who may be wondering I shouted 'What's the matter with you?' because he didn't c/r the river on me).

[ QUOTE ]
Another time our big complainer in the 1 seat had been complaining all day about how I couldn't miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is almost nobody who I don't like or at least can't put up with or begrudge but I've been playing against that guy for something like 8 years and I don't think I've talked to him for 1 hour total over all that time. He's a solid pro player who's made a lot of money in that game and he can't stand to take a loss. It looks like he's on a significant downswing over the past month or 2 and it's making him worse in the whining department. Which I'm enjoying because he's always so smug and superior when he wins. This is probably small of me but I can't help it.

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. How was Denny's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same old, same old. But mom says no more Denny's after 10pm because she's tired the next day so there is that.

And remember me bragging that I was beating online 3-6 6-max for a $100/hour? Well, it's down to $20/hr now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

HOWMANY 11-05-2007 01:53 PM

And by "scumbag," I mean "hey he's all right I guess haha."

stinkypete 11-05-2007 02:07 PM

they would love this stuff in nvg :P