Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Nemesis69 11-18-2007 01:31 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

wot it do +10BI in a 3hour session.

I ran pretty hot the last 30 minutes!

Nemesis69 11-18-2007 01:32 PM

Poker I luv you!

Wilpro 11-18-2007 01:35 PM

gz, +100, +250 or +500 ??

whyzze 11-18-2007 01:44 PM

you guys are blowing everything out of proportion.

the worst thing you can do when moving up is change a working system.

i think that any Ptbb/100 you can do at nl50, is doable at nl100.

having the attitude that the game is any tougher is baaaaaaddd...ive logged 20k hands at nl100 and done well. I attribute my success to 2 things:

Not acknowledging any difference in skill level and therefore not changing my play in any way shape or form.

playing shorter session that were always winners at first. You need the confidence boost. You should get in like an old man into a bath, but you shouldn't fix whats working.

Kimo White Devil 11-18-2007 01:47 PM

every database of 100NL and 200NL has shown no long term winner over 7ptbb/100 since I have been a member here. so 5 is good enough for most of us.

oh and hourly/montly rate with boni/rakeback is what is really important, not that ptbb/100 stat. I so much prefer running 3 ptbb/100 8-talbing than running 5 ptbb/100 4 tabling.

You guys put way too much importance at ptbb/100 and stats. I guess its the way to compare yourself to others and is really not helping you imo.

Grow a roll and become a man, thats what its all about.

In other news I have to cashout for christmas gifts and 200NL will have to wait some more.

thing85 11-18-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are blowing everything out of proportion.

the worst thing you can do when moving up is change a working system.

i think that any Ptbb/100 you can do at nl50, is doable at nl100.

having the attitude that the game is any tougher is baaaaaaddd...ive logged 20k hands at nl100 and done well. I attribute my success to 2 things:

Not acknowledging any difference in skill level and therefore not changing my play in any way shape or form.

playing shorter session that were always winners at first. You need the confidence boost. You should get in like an old man into a bath, but you shouldn't fix whats working.

[/ QUOTE ]

whyzze, I took your short session advice and I like it a lot. At the same time, I'm mad at myself for not getting in many hands lately. Oh well.

I semi-disagree that you shouldn't change anything. It really depends on the player. If you're an autopilot nit, you will probably be exploited at 100NL. It's not to say you won't win money, but you won't fare well against the solid regs.

Spurious 11-18-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
every database or 100 and 200 has shwon no long term winner over 7ptbb/100 since i have been a member here. so 5 is good enough for most of us.
Oh and I was running 5ptbb/100 for 100K than I hit a breakeven for 75K and I am looking at a 3ptbb/100 today. so all you need to think about is a heatly growth for your roll.

oh and hourly/montly rate with boni/rakeback is what is really important, not that ptbb/100 stat. I so much prefer running 3 ptbb/100 8-talbing than running 5 ptbb/100 4 tabling.

You guys put way too much importance at ptbb/100 and stats. I guess its the way to compare yourself to others and is really not helping you imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna play just for the money, you are right

but if you want to develop as a player, 8tabling < 4tabling

and i think good players can play at more than 7PTBB

whyzze 11-18-2007 01:52 PM

yes, of course there will be more players who can exploit you. Thats why I datamine alot and use spadeye, i avoid the big winners as best I can.

Funny thing is, I was playing HU and one of the better regs sat down with me. I told him i didn't realy want to play him but i had already taken like a 1/2 bI off him in 5 hands. So i was like whatever....i ended up peeling about 250 off of him.

Kimo White Devil 11-18-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you wanna play just for the money, you are right

but if you want to develop as a player, 8tabling < 4tabling

and i think good players can play at more than 7PTBB

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the long term but they will move up before that. oh and 8-tabling : more hands, more scenarios, more experience, more reads. We are not talking about 24-tabling here. 8 is quite slow action in fact.

thing85 11-18-2007 01:54 PM

Kimo,

You're definitely correct, but no one is saying that ptbb/100 is really important on its own. If you had the choice between 3ptbb/100 playing 8 tables or 3.1ptbb/100 at 8 tables, you'd obviously pick the latter. My point is, even the slightest increase is beneficial to your bottom line, so why not do what you can to improve it? I would never advocate dropping tables down permanently just to achieve a higher win rate. What I would advocate is dropping the # temporarily to improve your play for when you step back up to 8 tabling. I'd gladly play 5-10k hands at 4 tables if it'll improve my 8-table win rate by .2. In the long-run, I will be better off.