Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   MSNL dinner happening in NYC Thursday 2nd August. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458886)

jordiepop 07-31-2007 02:14 PM

Re: MSNL dinner happening in NYC Thursday 2nd August.

how classy is this place... attire suggestions would be appreicated. im a white-t and air force 1 kind of guy. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Triumph36 07-31-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i want to eat is pomegranate margaritas? am i getting dumber through playing so much poker? which one is gramatically correct? is or are? and why the [censored] do i care?

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

hoo boy i hope there's a lot of grammar prop betting! lolz

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

it's "is." because is is related to "all i want" not to the margaritas. pretty sure about this, as awkward as it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

oh, yes, you're right

'all' in itself can't be the subject - it's 'all i want', which is one thing, and therefore is is the verb

gonna be some sick strunk and white prop bets - is it further or farther!?? who knows!

/nit (okay we all know this is impossible)

mrkilla 07-31-2007 02:28 PM

as I told Binbs head to the W Hotel, you can also check out the Delancy Lounge (that was the other place I couldnt recall Binbs)

NT! 07-31-2007 02:36 PM

oh i think i've been to delancey lounge, it's a music venue too, right? a little more low key? that was a good place, lots of space.

adanthar 07-31-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, i will show up for this. if there's not space to eat i can just come by and drink a lot.

i don't post much in strat anymore but i do play MSNL in the city, so i'm assuming this is cool?

no idea about clubs, i go to bars, and i don't go to this area much.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I even still play MSNL sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] count me in please.

fslexcduck 07-31-2007 03:56 PM

ok i've gotten a few more PM's (by the way i am no longer organizing this) - ahmar do you think it's possible they can just get us a private room? seems like it is probably the easiest thing, no? especially if they're planning on doing some sort of restricted menu. total might be up to 30 by now...

Triumph36 07-31-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i've gotten a few more PM's (by the way i am no longer organizing this) - ahmar do you think it's possible they can just get us a private room? seems like it is probably the easiest thing, no? especially if they're planning on doing some sort of restricted menu. total might be up to 30 by now...

[/ QUOTE ]

private room is $6k minimum. i know this dinner is a strange mix of super-robusto and almusto, but i really didn't think this would fly.

trplthrt 07-31-2007 05:32 PM

Does the 6k come with some poker tables and dealers for the night?

Josh. 07-31-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how classy is this place... attire suggestions would be appreicated. im a white-t and air force 1 kind of guy. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very casual

AdamBragar 07-31-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, i will show up for this. if there's not space to eat i can just come by and drink a lot.

i don't post much in strat anymore but i do play MSNL in the city, so i'm assuming this is cool?

no idea about clubs, i go to bars, and i don't go to this area much.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I even still play MSNL sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] count me in please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Late response here, but I'm down too.