Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Playing Home Poker Games For Real Money.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555853)

Lottery Larry 11-28-2007 03:23 PM

Re: Playing Home Poker Games For Real Money..

[ QUOTE ]
grumpy.

[/ QUOTE ]

GRUMPY??? Please, your humor meter is broken

Grasshopp3r 11-28-2007 03:40 PM

No worries, Larry. The point is that organizers are not always that sharp, so don't assume that they are. Also, it is incumbent upon you to think about the group dynamic before saying anything to anyone. That particular group was doing some strange things, however, they got mad at me for pointing that out.

pfapfap 11-28-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grumpy.

[/ QUOTE ]

GRUMPY??? Please, your humor meter is broken

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Nah, it's working fine, ya bit grumpy lug. Who's a grumpy little moderator? Who is? That's a good boy.

At least I amuse myself.

ncaron 11-28-2007 04:25 PM

The main thing to remember in my mind is that when you go to homegame, a good percentage of the players involved are just casual players looking to have a good time.

These are the guys you want to be friendly with! You want them to have a good time so they come back, don't hate/fear you and keep spewing chips. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

timhardawyhatesu 11-28-2007 05:45 PM

I live in seguin which is about 30 miles from SA. There is 100r tournament here every monday night at the holiday inn.

IncrediblyGifted 11-28-2007 08:02 PM

Each time I didn't know the guys who ran the game I brought a friend..the first time I saw the game listed on craigslist and it was a 1/2 game and my friend and me cleaned it out and never got called back..to this day we don't know if the game just broke up or the guy who ran it decided not to call us back because we both won a good amount of $.

Earlier this year I saw a game listed on homepokergames.com and it ended up being somewhat of a "club," and it runs like three nights a week in a guys basement..it's got two tables and an extra table for tournaments upstairs..it's pretty legit with dealers, LCD TV, bar area and the guy who runs it either orders a bunch of pizza or makes dinner..most of the guys who play their are part of an internet poker forum which one of the dealers runs which is pretty cool and I've gotten into some other 1/2 games that I've gone too around the area and some higher stakes games in Boston (which is like 80 minutes or so from where I am).

whisker 11-29-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, no worries, just adding to what you said, really.

And pay no attention to Larry, he's just a bit grumpy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh,no worries. I have thick skin[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bigfishhhh 12-02-2007 02:08 AM

post some pics of ur wife please