Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Am I gonna get audited (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535722)

woodybluff 10-31-2007 09:38 PM

Am I gonna get audited

Hey I am new to this and was just wondering if I have a chance of being audited. I have won between 15 and 20 grand this year in online poker at Pokerstars. Now I have blown most of my money just on partying, car troubles, old debts with my parents, general living expenses, and legal problems-Partying costs more than you think. So right now I have about $6000 --$2000 in the bank and $2000 in cash left over + $2000 more on Pokerstars for my Bankroll. I have not made any purchases major purchases and have only had $1000 dollar checks sent to me each time-this because I read somewhere that an instituion that cashes a check over $1500 has to report it to the government. I have cashed most of my checks from pokerstars at Walmart and have not made a deposit to my bank for mor than $1000 dollars at a time. My bank account has never exceeded $3000. And one other thing. I also have a part time job somewhere else wher I have made about $13000 so far this year but that is all being taxed. Sorry for such a long question but anybody who has been in my position feel free to give some advice. Thanks in advance

sublime 10-31-2007 09:41 PM

Re: Am I gonna get audited *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

qdmcg 10-31-2007 09:42 PM

Re: Am I gonna get audited

[ ] life
[ ] death
[x] taxes

peatr999 10-31-2007 10:06 PM

you're probably gonna get audited, i would pay taxes on your winnings

KEW 10-31-2007 10:14 PM

Cashing checks at WalMart=Audit Flag

Pay your taxes it is not worth the headaches worrying about it...

See the 1 billion thread on taxes in the Legislation forum

poorolrich 10-31-2007 10:23 PM

He hasn't said a thing that would raise a red flag. But!!, if he does get audited he is in mucho trouble.

R*R 10-31-2007 10:32 PM

With most businesses over-generous expense deductions etc... is not he end of the world but undeclared income is a bad one if your caught. Declare the income and make a payment arrangement if you can't pay it all at once. Don't get caught with that much undeclared income as the IRS ( assuming that your American) will make your life miserable now and possibly into the future. Don't forget to deduct whatever expenses you possibly can like your computer costs, gas to get to Walmart(why not) and other items a CPA might suggest.

kevin017 10-31-2007 10:32 PM

I withdrew like 2k the first year i played, and paid taxes on it. Then the gov't started banhammering and I didn't pay taxes on the ~10k i took out last year. its working out well for me so far.

I also worked only in amounts ~1k or less, but had no job and didn't file taxes at all.

BH2O 10-31-2007 11:16 PM

You might want to worry more about jail time instead of just and audit. Judging by your post it sounds like you intently are trying to evade taxes.

SuperUberBob 11-01-2007 12:47 AM

Er, you probably shouldn't air this out publicly. Not smart.