Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do I have the best hand ??????????? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557830)

sedtheicon 11-30-2007 07:18 AM

Do I have the best hand ???????????

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, $5 + $0.50 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

SB: 1,250
BB: 1,375
UTG: 1,365
UTG+1: 1,225
UTG+2: 2,015
MP1: 2,170
Hero (MP2): 1,490
CO: 5,480
BTN: 1,700

Pre-Flop: (90) Ad Qh dealt to Hero (MP2)
3 folds, MP1 raises to 210, Hero calls 210, 4 folds

Flop: (510) As 5h 9s (2 Players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: (510) 3h (2 Players)
MP1 bets 420???

Am I ahead of this guy ??????

ThePershore 11-30-2007 07:26 AM

Re: Do I have the best hand ???????????

lol.

bet flop.

levAA 11-30-2007 07:38 AM

I think you are ahead here most of the time.

I like your call on the flop, as apart from the flush-draw, the board is not draw-heavy, and you might get more value on later streets by checking that flop, specially if he plays a PP. I'm not very affraid of AK here, which he probably would have bet. You might sometimes run into a set, but that should not be a concern.

I'd just call the turn and represent the flush-draw. Thereby you build the pot to get it all-in on the river.

Rocco 11-30-2007 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol.

bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It depends on what kind of player Villain is. If Villain is a station I'd bet the flop for sure. But the flop check suggests Villain is the kind of player who constantly put opponents on aces and therefore insta-checks TT-KK in this case. And how do we maximize value against such a player? Yes, by checking the flop. I we read him correctly, I'd flat the turn bet and hope he fires another bet on the river...

ThePershore 11-30-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol.

bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people expect you to bet that flop when checked to and in a $5 people will sometimes check call one bullet with JJ-KK, plus we dont let flushes, AT, AJ, A8 draw (or let pairs draw to their 2 outs).

As played call turn and call river is obv fine.

tomek322 11-30-2007 11:18 AM

... meh, I like it. Shove the turn. I don't think there is any magical way to know if you are ahead or behind. Unless you can read souls.

ZenMusician 11-30-2007 11:25 AM

If you checked behind the flop with a read...I like it.

Instead, you are checking behind and are completely
confused...I hate it. I might fire a bet with like
JJ if you checked that flop behind.

I have never gleaned information in a hand by checking
behind with TP2K.

-ZEN

AC-Cobra 11-30-2007 11:31 AM

I dont hate the flop check, its defintely widening our range allowing our oponent to fire on the turn with a lot of hands we beat.

Here Im agreeing with flatting the turn and hoping he fires on the river again. If not Id bet 1/3 pot as a thin value bet.

4ObliVioN4 11-30-2007 11:43 AM

If you're gonna check the flop, I say go ahead and just call the turn. You are representing a flush draw or a much weaker hand (ie 1010, 910s?), so by just calling the turn you are going to get bet at on the river by a lot worse hands. Raising pushes out a lot of hands that you have beat and few that beat you. If he has AK, 99,, or some random hand that beats you, you're gonna lose a decent pot no matter what, it is a $5 buyin and you do have TP2K after all.