Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Life Lessons: Never Insta-Muck!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353945)

Rushmore 03-13-2007 09:24 AM

Life Lessons: Never Insta-Muck!!

From Card Player's Shooting Stars coverage, Day 1A ("Williams" is David Williams):

During one hand, Williams called an $11,000 bet by Peter Feldman on a Q 10 7 4 board. A 2 river led to a $20,000 Feldman bet. Following a second call, Feldman insta-mucked, only to have Williams flip over the K J king-high. Feldman, visibly upset, shook his head as Williams raked the pot.

"Visibly upset."

rsigley 03-13-2007 09:26 AM

Re: Life Lessons: Never Insta-Muck!!

that happened to me once when i pushed all in when i missed my queen high flush draw, some old woman called

i insta mucked she turned up 7 high

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JoseGonzlez 03-13-2007 01:40 PM

no proof for sure that Feldman folded the winner.

he could just be upset for trying to bluff Williams who obviously was not folding anything if he called with K high.

its possible though he mucked the ace. Im not a great player but i would expect ace high to rarely be good on that kind of board. Maybe a blind v blind hand that is about it.

patstap 03-13-2007 02:21 PM

Whew.... narrowly avoided doing this last week at Harrah's/St. Louis.

Midway through a $140 MTT with 70 players, I have about 8,000 chips with blinds at 400/800 and going up the next hand.

I bluffed all-in for my last 4500 holding AJ with a board of 775T2. Opponent went into the tank for 3 or 4 minutes and finally called (he had me covered barely).

Knowing I'd gotten caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I almost tossed my cards into the muck but thought better of it.

I showed my measly ace/jack and he turned over K8. He said "I knew you didn't have anything but didn't think you had an ace". Left himself with about 2 BB's and he was out of the tourney soon.

Reminded me of the old adage "in order to call a bluff, you have to be able to beat a bluff".

Rushmore 03-13-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no proof for sure that Feldman folded the winner.

he could just be upset for trying to bluff Williams who obviously was not folding anything if he called with K high.

its possible though he mucked the ace. Im not a great player but i would expect ace high to rarely be good on that kind of board. Maybe a blind v blind hand that is about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No proof, but certainly not unlikely.

In fact, I'd say "more than likely."

Double Eagle 03-13-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there, K high was definitely good.

Rushmore 03-14-2007 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there, K high was definitely good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, then...J8/J9/89?

Hell, I guess you CAN instamuck sometimes (unless you're playing against the old lady mentioned earlier in this thread).

shaniac 03-14-2007 08:01 PM

Peter told me about this hand. King high was good, but it's still a good reason never to instamuck.

daryn 03-14-2007 09:22 PM

linky