Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   san fran and el d here i come (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297148)

Ray Zee 01-03-2007 02:04 AM

san fran and el d here i come

heading for san francisco this weekend. will hope to give a dinner report with el d. if he buys.
also some poker reports as usual for my winter trip to bay 101, lucky chances, artichoke joes.
as always if you see me say hello.

El Diablo 01-03-2007 02:09 AM

Re: san fran and el d here i come

Ray,

I will pick a good place to go if you can make Sucker or Boris pay.

J.A.Sucker 01-04-2007 05:59 PM

I may pay if you can actually pick a good place. By good place, I mean one with good food.

Georgia Avenue 01-04-2007 06:02 PM

One day, Ray's gonna post this semi-regular post, and I'm gonna immediately call in sick and jump on a plane and go to San Francisco and buy him dinner and talk to him about poker and animals and stuff. I wish I were that spontaneous all the time, but I will be someday and I'll bet it's worth it.

--GA

El Diablo 01-04-2007 06:15 PM

Sucker,

Deal. Harris' for steak? House of Prime Rib is probably not ritzy enough for you, but I bet Ray would like it. Then again, the lack of options to hassle the waiter about might make him sad. Zuppa if you want Italian. Betelnut if you want to make Ray try some SF style Pan-Asian. Lemme know what you think or if you want other suggestions. That's if you're paying.

If I'm paying we're headed to La Taqueria for the best burritos in town.

J.A.Sucker 01-04-2007 06:58 PM

Diablo,

House of Prime Rib sounds perfect for me. I don't like the ritzy places, my friend. I'm down for the La Taqueria, too. Frankly, after battling (and being horribly beaten down by) the stomach flu for the past week, I'm just looking forward to eating again. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Hopefully I'll be ready to go by this weekend.

I do like hearing Zee hassle people though, but rest assured no matter how simple the menu is, he'll find a way. Trust me. I've seen it happen... at a breakfast place... ordering the bread side.

The Pan Asian (or is it Panasian?) idea is OK, but if we're gonna do something like that, then I'm thinking Koi Palace and NL at LC's, baby! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's the best way to do it, ya know?

The DaveR 01-04-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One day, Ray's gonna post this semi-regular post, and I'm gonna immediately call in sick and jump on a plane and go to San Francisco and buy him dinner and talk to him about poker and animals and stuff. I wish I were that spontaneous all the time, but I will be someday and I'll bet it's worth it.

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

GA, I'll pay for your flight if you write up the trip report Atlanta-Titty-Bar style and I get the copyright.

cbloom 01-04-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm paying we're headed to La Taqueria for the best burritos in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

La Taqueria is hella good. Get that Chipotle shet the fek outta town.

Ray Zee 01-04-2007 08:09 PM

georgia you are welcome anytime and let us know where you are from and when in that town will look you up. till then stay tuned for trip reports and how el d. tries to wiggle his way out of paying for a decent meal that he perpetually owes me for gracing his doorstep.

Ray Zee 01-04-2007 08:12 PM

icringe at letting el d. pick the place. have you forgotten about what he did last year? short memory. you will get to pick this time and i hope its the good italian meal i am looking for. rather thaN that decent place we go to in san jose.