Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   30/60 HORSE: Stud/8 with Fossilman (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=211340)

Bartholow 09-13-2006 03:18 PM

30/60 HORSE: Stud/8 with Fossilman

Seat 6 has seemed a little sketchy but I don't have a strong read on him yet.

Seat 8 is Fossilman, he's been playing extremely aggressively, big surprise. This is not to say that he's super loose, nor that's he's super tight.

As most of you know stud/8 is not really my game, though I don't think I'm HORRIBLE at it, and I've done decently in the past.

3rd street felt a little loose maybe?

6th bet ok? I was a bit worried but my generalized poker instincts told me I should keep the initiative.

On the river I figured I was almost certainly getting half, but was that enough to make it worth the reraise?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.75 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.75 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.75 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises___raises

Total pot: (17.75 BB)

jon_1van 09-13-2006 03:29 PM

Re: 30/60 HORSE: Stud/8 with Fossilman

I think 6th should be a check.

Other than that I think its fine. Altough 3rd and 4th are both close...but whatever. With so many dead low cards, and not a great shot at high an argument for folding could be made, but then again this is a high ante game.

Bartholow 09-13-2006 03:33 PM

The dead low cards are mostly cards that pair me, and presumably cards the others will need. Though maybe that means my chances of scooping have gone down too much, especially after another 6 shows up in Fossilman's hand.

jon_1van 09-13-2006 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The dead low cards are mostly cards that pair me, and presumably cards the others will need. Though maybe that means my chances of scooping have gone down too much, especially after another 6 shows up in Fossilman's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point...I have no idea what this does to your hand overall....make you more liekly to get called down??? by pocket TTs?

Bartholow 09-13-2006 03:38 PM

Well the part of me that is getting to love Razz thinks it's great that my pair cards are out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. But obviously just drawing to the best low is not how to make money in this game. I justified the slight loose call by saying I had a very live 2 flush.

Good point about getting called by weak high hands, which gets rid of the other way low hands can scoop. Definitely something I should keep in mind more.

mscags 09-13-2006 05:01 PM

I'd fold third, your hand is alright but kind of dead. I can see limping but usually I wouldn't call a completion. Sixth I think is a check. Your hand is not very good at all any more, im very shocked you didn't get raised. THe rest looks fine to me

AlanBostick 09-13-2006 07:05 PM

Check on sixth street. You have a rough 8, drawing to a not-very-smooth seven, and seat 8's board is better than yours -- you could be drawing dead for low at this point.

Bet-call the river. Your rough eight has improved to the roughest of sevens. I really don't like your reraise. You are only scooping if seat 8 has made a straight seven AND doesn't have an ace or deuce in his hand for company. I don't see you scooping here, and if seat 8 has a better low (highly likely, given the action) and a diamond flush to go with it, you are hosed.

Andy B 09-13-2006 07:51 PM

Check sixth unless you know the Six is coming. Greg is showing four cards to a better hand than yours.

You can only call the raise on the river. In order to raise, Greg almost certainly has you beaten in at least one direction. Your re-raise can only lose money.

SweetLuckyMe 09-14-2006 05:45 AM

Kind of marginal calling a raise with that hand on 3rd st given the dead cards. Likely neutral EV.

Any chance a raise on 4th might get rid of seat 8? If so I'd do it.

Betting an 87 low and gutshot on 6th is quite marginal, I think. Probably best to check.

Re-raising the river with the straight and mediocre low is good - I think your chances of scooping outweigh the chances you're getting scooped, so it should have a little bit of value - certainly can't hurt your image. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SweetLuckyMe 09-14-2006 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can only call the raise on the river. In order to raise, Greg almost certainly has you beaten in at least one direction. Your re-raise can only lose money.

[/ QUOTE ] Why can't seat 8 have hit trips on the river? Many people not affluent in 7stud/8 severely overvalue trips. I think his chances of scooping warrant the river re-raise - I don't ever see him *getting* scooped - diamonds were fairly dead, so the flush isn't at all likely. If nothing else it gives the illusion of action and getting out of line a bit that may benefit him later on.