Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Ugly on every street (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552323)

otis_nixon 11-22-2007 04:18 PM

Ugly on every street

This guy is 23/18 and I don't know if he's any good. He's probably ok. I'm running about 20/17 and haven't had a chance to 3bet him pf yet.

On the flop checking behind felt pretty weak but I really don't want to play a big pot here on this board... turn I gotta bet and the river is just gross. I wanna fold but his line is so weird I'd assume AQ/QQ/whatever bet the turn.

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Absolute Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($266.20)
Hero ($456)
SB ($343.50)
BB ($329.28)
UTG ($400)
MP ($818.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $34.

Flop: ($106) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, MP calls $70.

River: ($246) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $300</font>, Hero ?!!!

markuisis 11-22-2007 04:22 PM

Re: Ugly on every street

I think ur line is fine, and id prob call the river getting such great odds and expecting most 2pair+ hands to raise the turn.

RockyElsom 11-22-2007 04:30 PM

Hand is fine for something different, especially if he's not a great hand reader. As played, I call.

Montezuma21 11-22-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think ur line is fine, and id prob call the river getting such great odds and expecting most 2pair+ hands to raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barrin6 11-22-2007 04:34 PM

That blows, but you have to call.

runningirl07 11-22-2007 05:02 PM

Yeah I like a call here. Even if it's only for information on this player.

jlocdog 11-23-2007 12:58 AM

Otis,

"On the flop checking behind felt pretty weak but I really don't want to play a big pot here on this board..."

Why?

Also, if I wanted to attempt to keep this pot small, I bet flop and check turn. This is usually a safer and cheaper way to play nit like.

RiverHebrew2 11-23-2007 01:07 AM

gross riv min c/r. id still pay it off.

otis_nixon 11-23-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Otis,

"On the flop checking behind felt pretty weak but I really don't want to play a big pot here on this board..."

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because against this guy on this board when he wants to play a big pot I'm usually behind. I thought about it though and changed my mind I do like a flop bet, if I get checkraised I'm not comfortable though.

[ QUOTE ]
This is usually a safer and cheaper way to play nit like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh nitlike ok since you are mr aggro and awesome the toughest and studliest of MSNL players I'm guessing you bet bet bet and then get shocked when you don't take this down. AGGRESSION IS AWESOME

I do think betting flop is good but if I get called I'm not betting turn but usually calling river.

jlocdog 11-23-2007 01:28 AM

Otis,

[ QUOTE ]
Oooh nitlike ok since you are mr aggro and awesome the toughest and studliest of MSNL players

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you bet bet bet and then get shocked when you don't take this down. AGGRESSION IS AWESOME

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily though I certainly don't rule it out. But if I wanted to maintain some control on this pot but still get two streets of value, I would start with betting the cheapest street.

If for some reason your comments were filled with sarcasm (though I can't believe they were) STFU and relax dude. If my 'nit like' comment got under your skin that much, well....it shouldn't have.