Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stud hi - KK in hole vs probable flushdraw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546809)

roggles 11-15-2007 12:30 PM

Stud hi - KK in hole vs probable flushdraw

Ok, so fifth and sixth are fairly thin here. Do you like it?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0,50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (3.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (7.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (9.75 BB - $58,50)

Brad1970 11-15-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Stud hi - KK in hole vs probable flushdraw

I probably would have checked 6th & bet the river.

cgrohman 11-15-2007 12:51 PM

Bet the river.

roggles 11-15-2007 12:53 PM

Betting the river might have some marginal value, but I REALLY don't want to bet/fold the river here in a game I am going to play again

cgrohman 11-15-2007 01:05 PM

Who said anything about folding?

Hamlet 11-15-2007 01:54 PM

I like it.

roggles 11-15-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who said anything about folding?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not going to do the calculation, but I feel pretty sure bet/call is a losing play here assuming he calls with twopair and raises with flush, straight and trip J

electrical 11-15-2007 04:27 PM

I am re-raising villain's obvious free-card play on Fourth. The rest I play the same.

SGspecial 11-15-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am re-raising villain's obvious free-card play on Fourth. The rest I play the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's making a free-card play? Smells to me like a value raise.

lstream 11-15-2007 04:55 PM

Regarding the river bet question, the decision for me depends on who I am playing. If I believe that villain is solid and capable of folding jacks up, then I will check behind as played. If he is weak, then I bet the river every time and expect to be called with jacks up. I would also consider what he thinks of me, and how I would react to the free showdown offer. If I think he thinks that there is a good chance I will not take the check raise bait, then I bet then too. The logic being that he wants to assure himself of at least 1 more BB if he actually caught, and he really wants to avoid coming away with nothing at all if the flush or trips hit.

I know, I am over complicating this likely.