Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Pac 10 football thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497149)

Semtex 10-20-2007 08:52 PM

Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
Why would Booty get benched? Sanchez wasn't all that good last week, and putting numbers on ND isn't all that hard, just wait for us to turn the ball over a couple times deep in our territory and then the torrent of 3 and outs, and you'll have field position and a tired, demoralized defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said its unlikely, but Booty did look bad against UW and the Arizona game was Sanchez's first career start. I definitely think if Booty has a bad start against Oregon next week Sanchez will replace him.

pvn 10-20-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus the Pac10 is terrifying. i haven't followed all of the SEC's games but doesn't the Pac look like the scariest conference in college football up and down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

bernie 10-21-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus the Pac10 is terrifying. i haven't followed all of the SEC's games but doesn't the Pac look like the scariest conference in college football up and down?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

b

bernie 10-21-2007 01:45 AM

Oregon...

Just got back from UO/UW.

1st off, some duck fans should get a clue. When God Bless America is playing, and they're unfurling the flag, it isn't the time to get a 'go ducks, go ducks' chant going. I'm glad the rest of the stadium booed those classless idiots.

To the game: Good showing by the offense of UW. They showed up ready. One of Lockers best games. Even Rankin did good, even though he did do his friggin' run up to the line and stop a couple times. Sharing time does seem to have lit a little fire under his ass.

Defense? After playing so well against Ohio St and USC and others, they pretty much blew this one. Tackling? Non existent. LB's suck.

However, I will say, Oregon's offense is awesome. Of OSU, USC and UO, Oregon was easily the most impressive team. Jonathan Stewart is a beast. Offense ran like a well oiled machine. Stewart would carry multiple guys with him for extra yards repeatedly. Strong SOB! Dixon? Best QB I've seen all year. Playactions were absolutely amazing. I can't remember the last time we were all fooled(in the stands) that much by fake handoffs. Everyone would be cheering because we finally stuff Stewart only to see the play still going and Dixon flying up the field. Ran the option great. When he needed to pass it looked effortless. I didn't see any flaws and UW couldn't stop them. Great coaching scheme.

After seeing both, I think they could beat Ohio St. Hopefully they'll beat USC next week. They should. They're better.

I hope the Ducks run the table.

Meanwhile, UW should be able to take care of AZ next week. A win would be a nice change. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b

rakes.a.beach 10-21-2007 01:49 AM

Re: Oregon...

Went to the cal/ucla game today. it was awesome =)

bernie 10-21-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Went to the cal/ucla game today. it was awesome =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked like a great game from what little highlights I saw. Wish I could've seen it.

I also missed USC destroying ND. But just hearing the score of the 3rd quarter put a nice smile on my face. I figured the 17 pt spread was a bit low.

b

BobJoeJim 10-21-2007 02:00 AM

Wow, positive comments about Oregon from a WASHINGTON fan? We MUST have looked good [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I will say that I have no doubt that Washington is the best 2-5 team in the country, considering their absolutely brutal schedule (that was the toughest in the country BEFORE playing Oregon today). Watching on TV it was hard to say to what extent I should be saying positive things about the UDub offense vs. negative things about the Oregon defense, but I definitely wasn't happy with our defense overall. When we can run the ball like that, though, it doesn't really matter, hehe. I'm not sure we'll run all over everyone, though, and somewhere down the road our defense will have to step up, or we'll lose again.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the year, we control our own destiny in conference and are by no means out of the title hunt, but winning out is required to pull that off and with the remaining schedule that will be tremendously difficult. We will have to see... GO DUCKS!!!

Moozh 10-21-2007 02:10 AM

Thanks for the review bernie.

It seems as if UO's fans have built a reputation (at least on these boards) as being classless, which is a shame. I can assure you there are a great number of us who love Oregon yet know what really matters when it comes to sports competition. I'm disappointed I even have to clarify this.

I just wanted to say one thing. When the game was tied going into the 4th, I was trying to anticipate the reaction if we lost. I figured all the forum hacks would go on about how our defense sucked and we totally blew the game.

Personally, I didn't feel that way at all. Washington played great (at least on offense). Locker looks like the real deal. His passes were great, the running even better. Sure, maybe we could have done a better job tackling, but I think a lot of the credit goes to UW's offense and its playmakers. Once Dixon is gone after this year (and like Stewart too), we're going to really struggle for a year or two. I'm not looking forward to playing UW at all.

Also, WRT the comparisons to OSU, I would like to think a team with a freshman quarterback would progress a lot over the course of the season. Not implying that our defense is nearly as good as theirs, but then no one's implying that their offense is nearly as good as ours.

bernie 10-21-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, positive comments about Oregon from a WASHINGTON fan? We MUST have looked good [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the NW Pac 10 teams. Both Oregons and Washingtons. I hate USC and UCLA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ducks D did ok. Not world beaters, but good enough. UW's offense was bound to put something together at some time. They had the opportunities against Ohio St and USC. It wasn't necesarily their great Ds as to why we couldn't move the ball against them. UW's execution sucked.

As far as them winning outright, the Pac is insane this year. No one is a gimme. But the Ducks were still the most impressive of the top teams I've seen this year that UW has played.

b

BobJoeJim 10-21-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the NW Pac 10 teams. Both Oregons and Washingtons. I hate USC and UCLA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an enlightened viewpoint for you to take, and I hope you know it's in no way personal when I tell you that I still hate your Huskies, and would keep Kenny Wheaton in my prayers if I weren't an atheist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]